Author Topic: Complete system crash  (Read 1797 times)

2018-11-26, 13:00:58

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Hi.

I'm having a really annoying problem at the moment and im not sure if its a hardware or software issue. I just cant think of anything to solve it so I thought I would see if anyone else on here can help guide me in the right direction. posted in AREA but have not got a reply...

So basically my PC completely shuts down when I do certain things in 3DSMAX, the screens go black but the pc fans are still running/ motherboard is still on. No matter what I do I cant get it to start/shut down unless I press the hard restart button on the motherboard.

I originally thought it was a graphics card issue but I ran some benchmarks to test it on full load and its working fine. This is with Max 2019, and I have just installed 2018 and I have had the same issue.

example one, scrubbing the timeline with an animated noise modifier on an object.
example two, manually stopping a corona render frame buffer (only occassionally)

latest servce packs on both installs
new pc build- few weeks old
threadripper 2990wx
msi meg x399 creation (beta bios E7B92AMS.129) im going to try and go back to E7B92AMS.127
64gb flare x ram
msi duke 1080ti
windows 10 pro

New installs in the last weel
Corona 3
Grow FX
Marvolous Designer.

Event Viewer
critical- Event ID 41, Kernal-power

Administritive Events at time of crash

Event 10016, distributedCOM

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user DESKTOP-7L9ESE1\dowli SID (S-1-5-21-1880292377-3472211445-3926164720-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
 and APPID
Unavailable
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Is there some sort of admin access issue with 3dsmax?

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks!

2018-11-26, 13:32:10
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You should run a few stress tests with benchmarking tools to make sure your hardware setup isn't the culprit. Typically, issues like this point to a hardware problem, especially since other users don't see this type of behaviour.

2018-11-26, 13:42:14
Reply #2

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
I have just gone back to a previous motherboard bios and it seems to of fixed the noise modifier issue. hopefully it will correct the rendering issue as well. Its strange the bios effected such a specific action.

2018-11-26, 14:20:41
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Bios affects everything, and the stability especially when coupled with clocks and thermals. Did you also run some AVX load ? Prime95 for example. I would do that.

This could be connected to single-core turbos, if you say it happens on 3dsMax modifiers. And yes, it could be fault of MSI again. I'll look into forums after work, see what's latest going on.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-11-26, 14:44:21
Reply #4

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
I have gone back to the msi meg E7B92AMS.127 beta bios and I cant seem to re-create the modifier crashes anymore so I'm hoping it's just an issue with the .129 bios.

You might be right about the single core turbos as the corona system crash happens when I press stop and it deloads from all cores to single for the cleanup stage, super annoying this morning after a 15 hour render...

I will try prime95 out tonight once I have made up some of the lost time on client work. Which bios version are you using on your MEG creation Juraj?

2018-11-26, 15:07:01
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!