Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

RC5 - Interactive render instantly crashes 3DS Max

(1/2) > >>

JasonArcher:
I've found in RC5 that interactive rendering crashes 3DS Max within a matter of seconds. The complexity of the scene doesn't seem to matter -- I've tried it on a very large scene and on a scene where there is only a sphere with default textures and a single Corona light. Unfortunately, the result is the same. Is this a known issue in this release candidate or something new?

pokoy:
RC1 to RC4 were all pretty stable for me, didn't test RC5 yet. Doesn't sound too good, maybe provide a minidump for the dev team so they can investigate.

TomG:
Not a known issue (otherwise a lot of people would be reporting it) - yes please, provide the minidump. One thought though, you mention "within a few seconds" which sounds to me like "just long enough for GPU denoising to kick in". Does the crash happen if Denoise During Rendering is disabled?

JasonArcher:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2018-11-12, 19:02:27 ---Not a known issue (otherwise a lot of people would be reporting it) - yes please, provide the minidump. One thought though, you mention "within a few seconds" which sounds to me like "just long enough for GPU denoising to kick in". Does the crash happen if Denoise During Rendering is disabled?

--- End quote ---

Just uploaded a zip file of the dump data. I hope it helps!

I checked the denoising and found that it was set to "none" when the crashes occurred.

Ryuu:

--- Quote from: JasonArcher on 2018-11-13, 02:27:35 ---I checked the denoising and found that it was set to "none" when the crashes occurred.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the minidump. This denoising mode applies only to production rendering. There is also a separate checkbox called "Denoise during render" in the "Interactive rendering" section of the Performance tab which enables the NVIDIA AI denoiser during IR, which is what Tom was talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version