Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524522 times)

2019-09-26, 12:44:27
Reply #675

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree about lens effect.
Also, maybe it will be as new good idea about the sky. I saw some model of sky with clouds for example. Also, maybe it is time to add some model without green colors, when you make it bright. It is always difficult to remove this color from the bright sky.

2019-09-26, 15:38:48
Reply #676

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm still trying to understand what this means: "DSLR-style tonemapping".

2019-09-26, 15:52:20
Reply #677

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website

I think it refers to the ACES like tonemapping + some sort of filmic implementation (basically what apparently F-Storm has). Would like to hear it explained myself as well :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-09-26, 16:35:42
Reply #678

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think it refers to the ACES like tonemapping + some sort of filmic implementation (basically what apparently F-Storm has). Would like to hear it explained myself as well :)

Yes, it's basically "some users reported current tone mapping is not good enough for them, so let's make it better". :)
I am afraid no more details are known at this time.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-26, 18:26:32
Reply #679

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Pesky users :- D Never satisfied.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-09-26, 19:07:02
Reply #680

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cheap environmental fog aka aerial perspective atmospheric effect, please.

2019-09-26, 20:24:43
Reply #681

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please consider fixing the reflection override! I'd like to be able to use Corona sun+sky to set up the lighting exactly where it needs to be and be able to get some clouds from the HDRI map in reflections. In its current state, there are fireflies everywhere. I know you guys consider it from quite a while and that it's not an easy fix but you keep adding features and the more you wait, the more complex it will become to solve. It's time now, please! That's such an important feature for me that I actually consider switching back to Vray. That and masks in reflections/refractions are the two main blockers in my day to day work. It's not that much an issue for stills but it's quite a pain in the *** for animations, which I do a lot.

2019-10-04, 18:30:54
Reply #682

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Multiplayer in portals.

In some situations, for exemple when you looking through the window, you can see burn behind the window of all objects. For exemple too, in FStorm no need to make our objects outside the window (trees, cars street, etc) darker and less reflective, you can do it with just multiplayer in portal material. And it will be great if there will be color of lighting too.

2019-10-07, 14:15:47
Reply #683

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Multiplayer in portals.

In some situations, for exemple when you looking through the window, you can see burn behind the window of all objects. For exemple too, in FStorm no need to make our objects outside the window (trees, cars street, etc) darker and less reflective, you can do it with just multiplayer in portal material. And it will be great if there will be color of lighting too.

You can do this already using RaySwitch Material by making the Visible override a less transparent material for example.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-10-07, 16:21:26
Reply #684

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Eliminating that annoying noise that remains on bumps & rounded edges, when using the native "Corona High quality" denoiser.

I already wrote a couple of times that this less denoising on bumps for the sake of "preserving more details" is total nonsense in a real daily workflow, since images literally fall apart in noisy and less noisy areas.
But I see it got ignored until now.

Thanks God, you guys built in the CPU AI denoiser... otherwise I would have dumped corona long ago.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-07, 19:17:45 by Designerman77 »

2019-10-07, 16:55:39
Reply #685

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please consider fixing the reflection override! I'd like to be able to use Corona sun+sky to set up the lighting exactly where it needs to be and be able to get some clouds from the HDRI map in reflections. In its current state, there are fireflies everywhere. I know you guys consider it from quite a while and that it's not an easy fix but you keep adding features and the more you wait, the more complex it will become to solve. It's time now, please! That's such an important feature for me that I actually consider switching back to Vray. That and masks in reflections/refractions are the two main blockers in my day to day work. It's not that much an issue for stills but it's quite a pain in the *** for animations, which I do a lot.

Could you not just calibrate the HDR properly to get the HDRI sun to work like the corona sun?

2019-10-07, 21:00:11
Reply #686

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Could you not just calibrate the HDR properly to get the HDRI sun to work like the corona sun?

That's not the point here, I'd like to be able to adjust the lighting the way I need it and not try dozen of HDRIs to find the right sun Azimut. Corona sun is very convenient for animations when you have to change the lighting between multiple shots.
I just want reflection from the HDRI to be seen in reflections and that's actually not usable for now.

2019-10-07, 23:06:06
Reply #687

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just want reflection from the HDRI to be seen in reflections and that's actually not usable for now.

This.
Vray who?

2019-11-06, 08:55:17
Reply #688

Archdeldesign

• Users
  • Architect/Interior visualisation
    • View Profile
    • Behance profile
Hello dear developers! If you can add support of the V-Ray Fur modifier in corona - it will be great thing!

2019-11-11, 20:06:17
Reply #689

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Version 5: removing better displacement and memory optimizations, resetting votes counts
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)