Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 111261 times)

2016-05-16, 21:00:15

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Daily Builds Eligibility
  • Everyone with FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license now has access
  • No requests/applications necessary

How to Use Daily Builds

• Get the Corona Universal Installer and install a regular version of Corona first, if you already havent done it already (https://corona-renderer.com/download/) and activate the license.
  • Go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a and download a daily build. They are located in folders named using the date they were created.
  • Select the appropriate version. You will need to pick a legacy version if the Corona Universal Installer displayed a warning that it will install a legacy version (this happens on most AMD and old Intel CPUs. All i7/i5/i3 can run the regular, faster version).
  • Copy over the 4 files (plugins/Corona201x.dlr, plugins/CoronaUtils201x.dlt,  CoronaLib_Release.dll, and Corona_Release.dll) to your 3ds Max root folder. Make sure that all 4 files overwrite the already present files.
If you want to have the Dropbox folder synchronized with your desktop dropbox app, instead of having to access it via web, send your dropbox email to info@corona-renderer.com

Daily Builds Changelog

There is a separate topic for that: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.0.html

Daily Builds Rules

• USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Daily builds may contain unfinished features and not be stable, may damage your scene, freeze your 3ds Max, make you miss your deadline. Reverting scenes from daily to stable builds might not always be possible! Always make backups of important projects. Use daily builds with caution and common sense.
  • NO OBVIOUS-BUG REPORTS IN THIS THREAD/SECTION. To report a bug, use the bug reporting forum section or Mantis bug tracker. Discussion "Is this a bug?" is fine, but if something is clearly broken, please use the appropriate channels.
  • NO REPOSTING UNFINISHED FEATURES. Although we do not require signing NDA beforehand, we ask you not to repost info/screenshots/videos on unfinished features outside of Corona website. It could make Corona look unfinished/unstable to outsiders. When in doubt, ask first before reposting.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12, 15:23:42 by maru »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-16, 21:01:35
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
New thread for 1.5 daily builds. I will wait at least a day after the 1.4 release, but we have this in store:

CoronaBitmap open file dialog
Rayswitch mtl: displayed material in viewport changed by default to the directly visible slot, added option to change which one is displayed
Unchecking casts shadows in object properties now have more consistent effect - same as putting the material in rayswitcher in all but GI slots
Corona materials can now be displayed in viewport directly (max 2012+)
Non-color mapped render elements (world position, normals, velocity, …) are now saved linearly in EXR. This due to 3dsmax limitation also means that for proper saving to LDR the gamma has to be overriden to 1.0 in the file save dialog.
Embree memory usage is now printed into log
Added option to save current render settings as defaults
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-16, 23:12:23
Reply #2

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
"Known bugs and limitations" needs a trivial update since 1.4
Render to texture (texture baking) is not yet supported
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-17, 09:22:30
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
correct please tooltip for image filter

CoronaBitmap open file dialog
no PSD support?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-17, 09:26:32 by sprayer »

2016-05-17, 10:21:20
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Any chance for GGX fix in upcoming month ? Would be cool to show that in Utrecht.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-17, 10:30:49
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chance for GGX fix in upcoming month ? Would be cool to show that in Utrecht.
yes, it shouldnt be a problem. If by "fix" you mean "remap glossiness"

2016-05-17, 10:46:42
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yup that.

Hah, btw, wanted to delay 1.4 because of Rebus and deadline today, but Rebus has technical issues :- D first time in life I guess so jumped on board. The denoiser is mind-blowing good... Saving the day for Veronika's diploma thesis :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-20, 00:16:32
Reply #7

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup that.

Hah, btw, wanted to delay 1.4 because of Rebus and deadline today, but Rebus has technical issues :- D first time in life I guess so jumped on board. The denoiser is mind-blowing good... Saving the day for Veronika's diploma thesis :- )

"The denoiser is mind-blowing good" is an understatement. My animations now have 25 passes!!!they're good enough that no one can tell I am saving 50% of rendering time.

2016-05-31, 18:40:41
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Here we go... new daily. Filmic mapping, show material in viewport, bugfixes
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.msg78216.html#msg78216

2016-05-31, 19:06:01
Reply #9

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Yes! Finally! It's been two dark and depressing weeks without daily builds. Thanks Ondra and Team Corona.
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2016-05-31, 19:24:36
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes! Finally! It's been two dark and depressing weeks without daily builds. Thanks Ondra and Team Corona.

+1

And now, bug reports starts to roll in:]

For me Save Defaults function doesn't work. When i press according button in devel/debug rollout, i get confirmation window, asking me do i really want to save new defaults. When i say YES, recent config file gets updated modified date, but its content doesn't change and hence new defaults aren't loaded after scene reset.

• CoronaBitmap open file dialog
    • Work when assigning a new bitmap to 3dsMax environment slot

Doesn't work here, although behaviour has changed slightly. If i recall correctly, before it was: assign CoronaBitmap to enviroment slot - no dialog, drag instance from enviroment to slate editor - dialog pops. Now it is like that: assign CoronaBitmap to enviroment slot - no dialog, open slate editor - dialog pops.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-31, 19:45:47 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-06-01, 01:45:32
Reply #11

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Wanted to party hard\test 1.5 but got license not found and inability to activate instead - see attached screenshot. Strange thing is - 1.4 (and all the dailies before it) shows the same expiration date but works alright, it is not the first time I've seen this - some 3 months ago when my box + subscription license was auto-renewed, that date didn't change but I was heavily preoccupied with some work at the time and simply forgot to ask about it.

2016-06-01, 07:03:23
Reply #12

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here we go... new daily. Filmic mapping, show material in viewport, bugfixes
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.msg78216.html#msg78216

Filmic mapping, looking forward to test this.

2016-06-01, 07:51:20
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Wanted to party hard\test 1.5 but got license not found and inability to activate instead - see attached screenshot. Strange thing is - 1.4 (and all the dailies before it) shows the same expiration date but works alright, it is not the first time I've seen this - some 3 months ago when my box + subscription license was auto-renewed, that date didn't change but I was heavily preoccupied with some work at the time and simply forgot to ask about it.

I willl look into it

2016-06-01, 08:43:07
Reply #14

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
At hair and fur Tip Thick render not properly