Author Topic: How IR is used to be interactive  (Read 31197 times)

2019-08-02, 12:44:22
Reply #30

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

check out Prism, developed by Mill Film. It's a good reference for speed, responsiveness, under sampling even in very heavy scenes.
https://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2019/video/_/S9197/s9197-prism-and-rtx.mp4

I really hope that the max team will fully implement USD into Max, and Hydra will be supported too.

2019-08-02, 14:45:23
Reply #31

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hello,

check out Prism, developed by Mill Film. It's a good reference for speed, responsiveness, under sampling even in very heavy scenes.
https://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2019/video/_/S9197/s9197-prism-and-rtx.mp4

I really hope that the max team will fully implement USD into Max, and Hydra will be supported too.

Wow thats some immpressive viewport, about autodesk, lol they havent seen this, nor they care...

2019-08-02, 15:42:22
Reply #32

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Goddamn! Really makes you wonder what the hell Autodesk are doing with their 9823523 employees.
Vray who?

2019-08-06, 10:00:54
Reply #33

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Goddamn! Really makes you wonder what the hell Autodesk are doing with their 9823523 employees.

Have a look at blender 2.8 and youll be even more annoyed

2019-08-06, 10:14:24
Reply #34

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
they are buying plugins and software and abandon development)

By the way Ubisoft start using blender for animation, and autodesk starting to sell licences for indi because of that

2019-08-06, 10:42:07
Reply #35

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hi guys,

speaking from my own recent experience, I personally had quite an issue with IR in Corona 4. It was so annoying I just downgraded to C3hf2 for that reason, maybe it was due to some things still being on legacy settings, but as I needed it to work afap I just decided to finish the project in C3 instead..  I spent almost whole week trying out what the culprit was, couldn't identify it (re-saving layer by layer etc.)..  But it was really very very unresponsive, like waiting several minutes for IR to start reacting every time I moved the camera or changed any settings, and I still had a lot of RAM available..

Although I think it may have been due to quite heavy CoronaDistanceMap usage in mix with the CoronaScatter and proxies? Maybe that is something you could try to recreate to investigate this further, like a lot of various object/proxies in distance maps + scattering.. I was definitely less optimizing things in the past on my 32gbs workstation and IR was working much smoother.. with much higher polycount at that..  One more thing that comes to mind was that maybe I must update the older proxies to "newer version" as well? Could that increase the performance?

I can try to give an update on the situation after I start a new scene from the scratch in C4, but that can take some time .. :) But well anyway, C3Hf2 have basically no issues with IR while C4 working with same scene is hardly ever responding..

Anyway I would be very glad if you make this a priority as fast IR is a must in nowadays standards..

Cheers
« Last Edit: 2019-08-06, 11:11:44 by David Males »

2019-08-06, 15:06:57
Reply #36

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi David!

A copy of the scene that worked in 3 but not in 4 would be extremely helpful. https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-07, 12:25:30
Reply #37

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ATTN: THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY A SPAMBOT, BUT IT RESULTED IN A REASONABLE DISCUSSION, SO I WILL LEAVE IT.
ORIGINAL POST: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18091.0
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTN.

I started the original thread. Not sure I’ve ever been called a spambot before, I can assure you I’m a real boy ;)

2019-08-07, 12:27:22
Reply #38

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
<snip>

I started the original thread. Not sure I’ve ever been called a spambot before, I can assure you I’m a real boy ;)

Nigan was the spambot and duplicated your post from your thread i think.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-07, 15:32:53 by Jpjapers »

2019-08-07, 14:19:40
Reply #39

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ATTN: THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY A SPAMBOT, BUT IT RESULTED IN A REASONABLE DISCUSSION, SO I WILL LEAVE IT.
ORIGINAL POST: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18091.0
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTN.

Nigan was the spambot and duplicated your post from your thread i think.

Thanks Jp - that makes sense

2019-08-08, 11:34:59
Reply #40

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

speaking from my own recent experience, I personally had quite an issue with IR in Corona 4. It was so annoying I just downgraded to C3hf2 for that reason, maybe it was due to some things still being on legacy settings, but as I needed it to work afap I just decided to finish the project in C3 instead..  I spent almost whole week trying out what the culprit was, couldn't identify it (re-saving layer by layer etc.)..  But it was really very very unresponsive, like waiting several minutes for IR to start reacting every time I moved the camera or changed any settings, and I still had a lot of RAM available..

Although I think it may have been due to quite heavy CoronaDistanceMap usage in mix with the CoronaScatter and proxies? Maybe that is something you could try to recreate to investigate this further, like a lot of various object/proxies in distance maps + scattering.. I was definitely less optimizing things in the past on my 32gbs workstation and IR was working much smoother.. with much higher polycount at that..  One more thing that comes to mind was that maybe I must update the older proxies to "newer version" as well? Could that increase the performance?

I can try to give an update on the situation after I start a new scene from the scratch in C4, but that can take some time .. :) But well anyway, C3Hf2 have basically no issues with IR while C4 working with same scene is hardly ever responding..

Anyway I would be very glad if you make this a priority as fast IR is a must in nowadays standards..

Cheers

Hi David!

A copy of the scene that worked in 3 but not in 4 would be extremely helpful. https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Cheers!

^this :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-08-19, 19:21:10
Reply #41

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just uploaded a stripped down scene to the Dropbox Uploader ('Slow Forest Pack Example_1.zip') where I would consider the performance with Forest Pack to be atypically poor.  The viewport drops to about 1-2 fps and the interface becomes extremely sluggish during IR.  I am starting to think the culprit is either the surface that the Forest Pack item is scattered on (stacked modifiers, maybe) or else using 'Areas' within Forest Pack to include\exclude scatter points.  The amount of geometry scattered is not excessive at all.  I even experimented with reducing the amount of gravel to a small area and it was still slow, so it seems less about the amount of scattered elements.  This is starting to be my typical experience with Corona and Forest Pack with any kind of a moderately complex scattering setup, whereas with VRay Next it's quite fast even with more demanding Forest Pack scenes.

This is slow in IR using both the latest stable build and also the latest daily, I haven't tried it with older builds due to deadlines.  This is in 3ds Max 2016 using a threadripper 1950x and a 1080 Ti and Forest Pack 6.2.1.  Let me know if you don't get the file or need any other info.  It would be fantastic to see IR get a performance bump with Forest Pack for V5!

2019-08-29, 19:36:18
Reply #42

cgbeast

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has the IR been changed?  When I run it and move around it updates in realtime but at a certain point the image gets denoised causing blurry blotches.  The examples shown are just getting refined over time.  Any idea?

2019-08-29, 20:01:10
Reply #43

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Changed since when? :) IR had NVIDIA AI denoising added back in Corona 3 , and that is what you are seeing kicking in. You turn it off by disabling "Fast preview denoise during render" if you don't want it running during IR.

(EDIT note that that is different from using denoising, NVIDIA or otherwise, in the final render, which is controlled in the usual drop down)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-29, 20:02:46
Reply #44

cgbeast

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sweet...Just started using Corona, so big newb.