Author Topic: Corona interactive keeps loading.  (Read 2458 times)

2019-04-11, 21:03:59

Husi

• Active Users
  • Architectural designer
    • View Profile
    • www.vizarchs.com
While modifying an object in scene or forest pack object corona interactive randomly stops and keeps loading (crash may be). Any solution to that? I usually isolate the object while using corona interactive. Not a memory issue as far as I know.
Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
https://www.behance.net/Husi
https://www.vizarchs.com
Co-founder - Architectural designer

2019-04-11, 21:23:15
Reply #1

Vinametal

• Users
    • View Profile
Maybe is hair and fur on effects tab or native physical camera and do not use daily builds to final render, sometimes cause this problems.

2019-04-12, 11:10:19
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Please let us know which version of Corona and Forest Pack you are using. Obviously it is best to use the newest release versions of both.
It is also best to report issues like this here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-04-12, 11:26:11
Reply #3

Husi

• Active Users
  • Architectural designer
    • View Profile
    • www.vizarchs.com
I am using Corona 3 (Hotfix 2) and Forest pack 6.2 which is the latest version. Everthing works fine until I modify forest object during interactive rendering. Also, I am unable to select forest object in the viewport during interactive render in progress (If the object is selected before starting interactive render it can be modified in modifier tab but couldn't select otherwise)

2019-04-12, 15:30:37
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
The problem with Alt-Q is that FP still creates most of it's items even when the FP objects are not part of the isolated items - and even when no view or camera dependency is set. Annoying since ever, frequently mentioned (at least by me), never reported properly. This is one cause for this strange IR latency you get when IRing simple things.

Sometimes it helps to switch off the layer with FP objects to avoid this but sometimes the FP objects are processed even then. You can easily track this by activating FP debug mode ("General" ->  "Log Level" -> "Debug" or "Normal") and monitoring the max.log file while starting IR. Besides of course you notice it because it takes ages to IR just a box.

I just found out the following while working for example:

- Have a layer with FP objects on it
- Have that layer collapsed and hidden in scene explorer (bulb off)
- Start IR -> All ok. FP reports NotifyPreRender start/end in the log without creating anything. IR starts very fast

then:

- Just expand that layer in scene manager, no other change! So that you see the (still hidden) FP objects in scene explorer
- Start IR -> ForestPro begins to build meshes for those hidden objects. WTF!

I'm still on FP 6.1.2 because of a bug which I have not seen fixed yet in later versions according to the Itoo changelog (Corona Ticket #16211 ForestPackPro Edge mode not working in IR when areas have keys), so it is possibly different in 6.2 - but I don't think so.

And again -as always- I cannot say on which side this should be fixed.

Edit: Finally found the cause for the issue with scene explorer: by default we have the column "Faces" configured in the default scene explorer. This causes the ForestPack BuildMesh issue. If I remove this column it does not happen any more.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2019-07-10, 09:55:26 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-04-12, 20:58:27
Reply #5

Husi

• Active Users
  • Architectural designer
    • View Profile
    • www.vizarchs.com
The problem with Alt-Q is that FP still creates most of it's items even when the FP objects are not part of the isolated items - and even when no view or camera dependency is set. Annoying since ever, frequently mentioned (at least by me), never reported properly. This is one cause for this strange IR latency you get when IRing simple things.

Sometimes it helps to switch off the layer with FP objects to avoid this but sometimes the FP objects are processed even then. You can easily track this by activating FP debug mode ("General" ->  "Log Level" -> "Debug" or "Normal") and monitoring the max.log file while starting IR. Besides of course you notice it because it takes ages to IR just a box.

I just found out the following while working for example:

- Have a layer with FP objects on it
- Have that layer collapsed and hidden in scene explorer (bulb off)
- Start IR -> All ok. FP reports NotifyPreRender start/end in the log without creating anything. IR starts very fast

then:

- Just expand that layer in scene manager, no other change! So that you see the (still hidden) FP objects in scene explorer
- Start IR -> ForestPro begins to build meshes for those hidden objects. WTF!

I'm still on FP 6.1.2 because of a bug which I have not seen fixed yet in later versions according to the Itoo changelog (Corona Ticket #16211 ForestPackPro Edge mode not working in IR when areas have keys), so it is possibly different in 6.2 - but I don't think so.

And again -as always- I cannot say on which side this should be fixed.

Good Luck

Can't say why is that happening to you. I use Forest lister which by far works very nicely, even I can hide/unhide forest scattered objects seamlessly during IR in progress. I am facing the infinite loading scenario during modifying forest options, for instance, changing random scatter to cluster mode or tweaking with "Distribution" or "Transform", etc. 70% of the time it works fine with IR with few extra seconds of loading 30% of the time it sucks. So, for now, I just stop IR, isolate the object + scattered area and once done with the tweaking I hit IR again. I am talking about a scene with 25+ million polygons, so I usually just keep my expectations low sometimes. lOl

Forest pack Edge mode is working perfectly with Corona. Just make sure that you apply forest edge. Select Forest > go to modify tab > Material > Optimize materials >Apply forest edge. You must apply it again after adding any excluded object. Maybe you know that but it works perfectly for me.

2019-04-15, 21:18:20
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I was only adding spice to the soup, it may be part of the problem. Tried to reproduce your issue btw. but was unable to do on Max2016, Corona current DB, FP 6.1.2 and various FP objects of a current project, so it may be that FP 6.2 version.

As for the edge mode bug I was referring to and which keeps me at FP 6.2.1 for the moment: It is only present in IR (not production rendering) and only if you use an area (not surface/spline) and only if that area is keyed (animated). So you may not have faced it yet.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.