Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 108991 times)

2019-05-13, 00:13:31
Reply #390

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
it would be fantastic if the suns could not emit shadows.
I doubt they'd implement something so physically incorrect.

However, you can do this already: Use Max's standard directional light. You can match corona's sun with that and just not turn on the shadows in the properties roll out.
This should allow you to get Corona's sun but without shadows.

It won't produce a proper response with the skytexture, but you can just align a real corona sun and disable that to achive interplay with the sky texture...
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-05-13, 02:14:47
Reply #391

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wondering if anyone else has experienced a full system lockup like I have several times with the latest daily build?

Plenty of RAM available and scenes are not very detailed but in 3 different scenes I’ve had windows become completely unresponsive after cycling through render elements in the frame buffer. Not using caustics and in 2 of the scenes I wasn’t even rendering at the time of the lockup, it’s like the frame buffer has tried to catch-up with a change and then got a little bit lost, best way I can explain it for now.

I will do some further testing before sending any scene files but curious to know if this has happened to others?

does this coincide with flickering of the 3dsmax interface or VFB? this has been happening for me for months with various builds what you do is press ctrl+Alt+delete and when the screen goes into that log off screen you wait for a few seconds or minutes and then press Esc and 3dsmax should be responsive again.

2019-05-13, 09:04:08
Reply #392

Dom74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it would be fantastic if the suns could not emit shadows.
I doubt they'd implement something so physically incorrect.

However, you can do this already: Use Max's standard directional light. You can match corona's sun with that and just not turn on the shadows in the properties roll out.
This should allow you to get Corona's sun but without shadows.

It won't produce a proper response with the skytexture, but you can just align a real corona sun and disable that to achive interplay with the sky texture...

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

2019-05-13, 10:07:39
Reply #393

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if it's related,  but I have also suffered a couple of full system freezes. First time, I had to re-start the PC. It was behaving correctly and then bam, everything unresponsive. The second time, only the windows desktop got frozen, but the apps still running. Both times I was using Corona with the first Daily that came with Caustics, but they weren't active.

This is exactly what I have experienced too

2019-05-13, 10:11:15
Reply #394

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wondering if anyone else has experienced a full system lockup like I have several times with the latest daily build?

Plenty of RAM available and scenes are not very detailed but in 3 different scenes I’ve had windows become completely unresponsive after cycling through render elements in the frame buffer. Not using caustics and in 2 of the scenes I wasn’t even rendering at the time of the lockup, it’s like the frame buffer has tried to catch-up with a change and then got a little bit lost, best way I can explain it for now.

I will do some further testing before sending any scene files but curious to know if this has happened to others?

does this coincide with flickering of the 3dsmax interface or VFB? this has been happening for me for months with various builds what you do is press ctrl+Alt+delete and when the screen goes into that log off screen you wait for a few seconds or minutes and then press Esc and 3dsmax should be responsive again.

Ctrl+Alt+Del isn’t available when the system locks up, hard reset of the PC is the only option. The problem might be related but I can’t say I’ve noticed much flickering of the VFB, not to say it isn’t happening, just that it hasn’t become as big of an issue as the PC freezing.

2019-05-13, 12:42:06
Reply #395

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi devs, is there a maxscript function by corona which do "create a coronaCam from active perspective view"?
Hi, there is not. But it can be done from the toolbar.
thats okay, thanks mike

2019-05-13, 23:11:16
Reply #396

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I love fisheye projection implementation, but could you unlock FOV spinner in photographic parameters rollout, so we can adjust viewport representation more conveniently?

• Environment direct visibility, reflections and refractions overrides were moved to the new advanced setup mode

But why??? Now, it's horribly inconvenient :[
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-14, 01:04:08
Reply #397

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love fisheye projection implementation, but could you unlock FOV spinner in photographic parameters rollout, so we can adjust viewport representation more conveniently?

• Environment direct visibility, reflections and refractions overrides were moved to the new advanced setup mode

+1 - very inconvenient

2019-05-14, 04:09:32
Reply #398

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2019-05-14, 05:42:14
Reply #399

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
ok i got the idea, with added feature there (environment switch in lightmix) devs is trying to keep the UI simple. but imo accessing it in another dialog is inconvenient. how about separate it to regular rollout? you can just place it below or inside the environment rollout.

why, because advanced environment setup is always hiddden, we need a way to unlock it so it is never hidden for advanced users.

edit:
wait, we already have coronaSelect dont we?
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14, 09:22:03 by Christa Noel »

2019-05-14, 07:32:31
Reply #400

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-05-14, 08:25:10
Reply #401

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have some strange issue, I cant remember whether it was before or not, but I drew attention to it only in the latest daily build, Interactive rendering  is updating continuously when I move the cursor around the 3dsmax window, not on scene changing, maybe I use wrong parameters or doing smth wrong idk) can u help me?

2019-05-14, 08:30:51
Reply #402

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I can't figure out the Maxscript access to the new environment advance setup list of maps, can someone please tell me (not the overrides)? If not, then it means I can't install or test any more daily builds because of incompatibility issues with my suite of tools.
Thanks.

[Edit]
Nevermind, I figured it out:
Code: [Select]
.bg_texmapList[i]
« Last Edit: 2019-05-14, 08:35:08 by Njen »

2019-05-14, 09:24:15
Reply #403

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
[Edit]
Nevermind, I figured it out:
Code: [Select]
.bg_texmapList[i]
good to know, thanks.

2019-05-14, 11:12:53
Reply #404

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1 - very inconvenient