Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 108997 times)

2018-11-29, 10:23:26
Reply #15

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks both. I'll wait a while.

2018-11-29, 23:24:21
Reply #16

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

when I used tonight on some renders the New Light Solver I got black pixels on a lot of parts of our images. Without it the engine works fine!
The scene is very big, in this case (attached image) only a Corona Sun + HDRI light solution is used.
We got the same black pixels results with Corona lights + IES only (no sun).

Thanks,

Dionysios -

So glad I checked my animation frames mid-sequence. Black pixels everywhere! New light-solver clearly still has issues to be resolved

2018-11-30, 04:36:55
Reply #17

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
vray's code is hard to digest...lol just kidding don't ban me!
I am having a great time actually no problems here but the new light solver is off. no isues at all loving it.

2018-12-01, 12:25:29
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Important note about the new light solver: It is NOT enabled by default in v3. There is no change from v2 - if you dont explicitly enable it, you will not use it, and there will be no errors. So staying at v2 here makes you only have less stable version of a feature you are not using either way ;).

Not saying that we wont fix this, but this should not be upgrade blocker ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-12-03, 08:52:33
Reply #19

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Important note about the new light solver: It is NOT enabled by default in v3. There is no change from v2 - if you dont explicitly enable it, you will not use it, and there will be no errors. So staying at v2 here makes you only have less stable version of a feature you are not using either way ;).

Not saying that we wont fix this, but this should not be upgrade blocker ;)

That means that daily builds posted something that was really misleading. Is this the same thing as with "Vray fully compatible"?

Quote from: Ryuu
Release Candidate 4
Fixed CoronaColorCorrect “Invert colors” being ignored when the map is assigned to a bump map slot
System-wide settings (accessible through the System Settings dialog) are now accesible from MAXScript
Fixed precision issues with 16-bit images
Fixed saving of RLA images
Fixed IR restarts when scatter vizualization settings changes
Daylight system no longer creates a target for CoronaSun
Fixed rare crashes with non-manifold geometry
Since almost all of the known bugs with the new experimental light solver are fixed, it is no longer called experimental
Lister
Fixed spinners not properly resetting to the default value on right-click
Directionality parameter added to the light lister
Added button to launch the light lister to CoronaLight UI
Fixed viewport lags when creating light and scatter objects while the lister is open
Fixed lister UI controls blinking when a listed item is being modified (e.g. dragging a spinner)
Fixed light color swatch being enabled when the listed light is switched to texmap color
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-12-03, 09:55:30
Reply #20

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I gotta be honest, I agree with Tanakov. I initially also thought that the experimental light solver is now the default and totally ready to go. Didn't help that I was under the impression that that would be part of the goal of V3 :P
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-12-04, 01:28:55
Reply #21

Mattschia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Render Atelier Ltd
Regarding the new light solver in v3 i can see somebody already reported issues, I wanted to add my recent experience as well while working on a project. Please check the images attached.

2018-12-04, 01:55:19
Reply #22

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
forget the light solver, how can I get the 2019 Grow Ivy please? or are you still using an older version?

2018-12-04, 10:03:30
Reply #23

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
forget the light solver, how can I get the 2019 Grow Ivy please? or are you still using an older version?

Autor pulled the program out of net, because people were jerks. There is no 2019
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-12-04, 10:16:35
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Regarding the new light solver in v3 i can see somebody already reported issues, I wanted to add my recent experience as well while working on a project. Please check the images attached.

I can see opacity map issues on both examples. I thought this bug was fixed long time ago.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-12-04, 14:43:41
Reply #25

Mattschia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Render Atelier Ltd

I can see opacity map issues on both examples. I thought this bug was fixed long time ago.

Actually I didn't mention that because I remember it was a known issue and the focus of my post was on the light solver.. but now that you mention it yes, alpha still doesn't work in all conditions, that error was fixed in our scene making a different material

2018-12-09, 07:22:36
Reply #26

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, can I ask you? How can I get Corona build for 3ds Max beta?
Dear team Corona developers, could you please make the compilation and post it on beta 3ds max board. Thanks

2018-12-12, 18:35:53
Reply #27

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe the thread should be renamed to weekly-monthly build discussion ;) ? Any news on future development ? Have you guys decided on the features we will see in v4 ?

2018-12-12, 20:37:56
Reply #28

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah... maybe we have to look at vray way? 🧐

2018-12-12, 21:47:19
Reply #29

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
since we are casual if anyone updated to max 2019.3 and had issues with corona compatibility let us know please.