Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 109005 times)

2018-11-23, 14:22:59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Version 4 daily builds discussion.

*You can always get the newest daily build in the usual location: [link]*
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-24, 12:24:15
Reply #1

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congratulations for release guys--stunning work:))) But:
Corona Camera Tilt and Shift constantly getting off in 3d max viewport -- despite to in IR always OK///
Propose to include to mat library section "Environment" with free set of HDRI's, may be only with Light's Area's and spot's -- for fast testing converted Vray models and materials, something like in KeyShort/
« Last Edit: 2018-11-24, 12:32:49 by denisgo22 »

2018-11-25, 18:27:40
Reply #2

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looking forward to trying out caustics in 4.0 - Any idea whether they will make an appearance early on in the dailies or are they still a way off being introduced?

2018-11-25, 20:56:25
Reply #3

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since V4 trello list isn't complete at the moment I would like to ask - could you guys please consider pushing into V4 things that in the long run would let us - users build their own libraries and workflows and stick to them without having to redo and redevelop them periodically ?

I mean it sounds logical to build things from the ground up. Like Disney material is high on the most wanted features poll for a long time. Introducing it sooner than later would prevent many of us from rebuilding our mat libraries yet again.
Same goes for tone mapping etc.

Developing workflows and material libraries and optimiziong stuff takes considerable amount of time. From a time perspective of many "legacy" checkboxes I'd rather have the core features right, and just then add/explore other possibilities and features.

Curious to know how others see it. Thanks

2018-11-26, 09:39:40
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Looking forward to trying out caustics in 4.0 - Any idea whether they will make an appearance early on in the dailies or are they still a way off being introduced?
We will start working on them right away, but it will take considerable time, so I would expect them to appear in the middle of the development cycle at the soonest, and still being fairly experimental. Right now it is impossible to tell how well it will work.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-11-27, 07:09:25
Reply #5

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
this question should be in v3 section, but it is closed. does interactive always use AI denoising, or I have to change denoise mode from high quality to fast preview when I want to use it?

2018-11-27, 09:54:54
Reply #6

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this question should be in v3 section, but it is closed. does interactive always use AI denoising, or I have to change denoise mode from high quality to fast preview when I want to use it?
There is check box where you can switch it on/off

2018-11-27, 10:47:43
Reply #7

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
There is check box where you can switch it on/off
great, thank you

2018-11-28, 10:46:31
Reply #8

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys,

when I used tonight on some renders the New Light Solver I got black pixels on a lot of parts of our images. Without it the engine works fine!
The scene is very big, in this case (attached image) only a Corona Sun + HDRI light solution is used.
We got the same black pixels results with Corona lights + IES only (no sun).

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2018-11-28, 10:58:27
Reply #9

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
the New Light Solver I got black pixels on a lot of parts of our images.

Yep, I reported the same yesterday. Smells like hotfix :-/

So this is that exact sitation why I'm against reporting through helpdesk tickets. Dionysios wasted time to check the scene, get an idea why/when this happens, creates screenshots, writes a report (should have been in bug reporting though :). If I would have reported through some official bug tracker or forum, a simple check (with a working search engine, not that crappy one of the forum) if there is already such a bug reported  plus some "confirmed; here it happens too" would have been enough.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-11-28, 15:22:44
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, that is why the forum is an acceptable way to report bugs, and does feature that kind of search ability :) The ticketing system is not the only way to report.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-11-28, 16:13:55
Reply #11

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
an acceptable way

Opposed to the potential of a bug tracking system - not at all :) And here it reads like tickets should be the first option to use for reports - hidden for every mortal.

Good Luck

2018-11-29, 09:14:00
Reply #12

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe not the right place, but is there a consensus on whether v3 is ready for production, or are there any major issues? Just wondering if I should upgrade my group and our farm.

2018-11-29, 09:34:23
Reply #13

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I would wait for a possibly pending hotfix 1 to fix those issues with NLS. Additionally, depending on your workflow/networking setup, there are new DR issues introduced with v3 which made it into final and could affect your decision:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=20851.msg137909#msg137909

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2018-11-29, 13:30:30 by Frood »

2018-11-29, 10:02:18
Reply #14

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe not the right place, but is there a consensus on whether v3 is ready for production, or are there any major issues? Just wondering if I should upgrade my group and our farm.

I'm still holding off,  preferring to let others run into possible issues :P. From past experience - no offense to the dev team - a hotfix or two were sometimes needed to iron out issues that the RCs had or that didn't come up during the RC phase.
To be fair, I personally had no issues whatsoever with any of the 3 or 4 RCs that I've tested, but waiting a few weeks can't do any harm opposed to losing valuable time/data if something breaks mid-production.