Author Topic: 3dcenter.ru Corona thread  (Read 53114 times)

2013-03-03, 18:31:38
Reply #15

Triar

• Users
    • View Profile
i7 2600k ?

2013-03-03, 18:43:46
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ask the guy who sent you the daily builds you should not have access to to give you the additional needed libraries (there are 4 of them to be copied into 3dsmax root folder)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-05, 14:14:30
Reply #17

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
My second test.
The stage was converted from Cinema 4D - in max. I remembered why I hated the max before :)
It is not yet finished.

2013-03-13, 17:40:19
Reply #18

alieneye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
3dcenter forum got new section especially for Corona

http://3dcenter.ru/forum/index.php?showforum=178

2013-03-14, 17:47:50
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sweet, although I would appreciate if there were no Corona builds re-hosted there.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-14, 18:24:43
Reply #20

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
No, dayliBuilds there doesn't extend, there is only public Alpha3, and as public scripts.
Simply local users not all know English, however as well as I :), and for them all is duplicated that is here at a forum.
sorry for my english

2013-03-14, 21:20:30
Reply #21

alieneye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
I agreed with Keymaster.
Corona forum must be the origin for installation files, even it is an open Alpha builds.

2013-03-14, 21:50:42
Reply #22

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Ok. Fixed. :)
sorry for my english

2013-03-20, 22:05:33
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I saw some discussion about portals, here is a comparison how the benchmark scene looks with/without them:
http://corona-renderer.com/stuff/bench-portal/

all differences other than noise are because of HD cache bias, not because of the portals.

2013-03-29, 17:06:10
Reply #24

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I see somebody asked why on most machines he has very long "transforming vertices" phase. You can tell him to either move the scene+textures to a faster disk, or merging/attaching some of its objects together as a temporary workaround until A5 is out.

2013-04-15, 11:18:30
Reply #25

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like there is some discussion about comparing results from Corona to Vray. Google translator is failing hard, but from what I understood you are trying to compare pathtracing to pathtracing. You won't find significant differences there, as path tracing never blurs anything, and your scenes are too simple for any significant clamping to occur.

Nevertheless, there seems to be some difference in creases and dents, with Vray output being more "defined" (darker in shadows). This is not because of some interpolation of path tracing or faking in Corona, but probably because Vray by default completely ignores reflect color at secondary bounces (unless you turn reflect caustics on). This means, that Corona is giving correct results, and vray fakes the result by not computing a subset of light paths. If you turn reflect caustics on in Vray, you should get almost the same, correct image.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-15, 11:22:27 by Keymaster »

2013-04-15, 11:43:54
Reply #26

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
Ondra, you can register on our site and carry discussion in language convenient to you, all of us will understand... :)
sorry for my english

2013-04-15, 13:54:16
Reply #27

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No thanks, I'll leave this one to you, i wouldnt even be able to register ;)

2013-04-15, 14:40:01
Reply #28

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW, correctly implemented VCM, bidir, path tracing, light tracing, progressive photon mapping, etc. will ALWAYS give you the same converged result...

2013-04-15, 22:04:29
Reply #29

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
BTW, correctly implemented VCM, bidir, path tracing, light tracing, progressive photon mapping, etc. will ALWAYS give you the same converged result...

Are you serious about Bidir ? it's good now ?  WOW i missed its speed !