Author Topic: Installing Corona on home system  (Read 1667 times)

2024-04-03, 17:00:59

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.

I'm asking the Autodesk forum a similar question but in regards to Max.

I've basically asked Autodesk; if I don't have Max open on my office system but it's network rendering, does that mean I'm allowed to open and use Max at home?

I don't want to get stung by Autodesk

----

Same question applies to Corona - we have 11 licenses of Corona Premium  & 1x 5 Render Nodes.

If I'm network rendering in the office & I can use Max at home..... can I also use Corona

It's probably important to know that all systems will be rendering in the office.

----

As with Autodesk - I don't want to be stung by Chaos.

Thanks

2024-04-03, 19:39:28
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If by "all systems will be rendering in the office" you mean that there are 16 machines rendering in the office (all 11 main licenses, and 5 render nodes), then you will have no remaining licenses to use Corona elsewhere (technically, you will have 11 GUI licenses so you can see the Corona interface, but zero rendering licenses for IR or similar, even for rendering material previews).

EDIT probably the best bet is to get one more Render Node for the office, and that leaves 1 main license free and clear for use elsewhere :) Assuming you don't want to just remove one machine from rendering in the office of course.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-04-10, 17:43:23
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
For things like legal/licensing questions, I would highly recommend starting a support ticket - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
We have dedicated teams who can provide you with accurate information on such topics.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us