Author Topic: Corona Ray Switcher in glass changes refraction?  (Read 3963 times)

2020-11-12, 21:26:46
Reply #15

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Ah, ok...

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-11-12, 23:05:16
Reply #16

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why not use the caustics render element and then just bump it up in post?

2020-11-13, 00:00:53
Reply #17

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The rendering attached.

This looks like the sun's direction is too steep for the caustics to be reflected into the shadowed area. You probably know but since you said you want the caustic to bounce into the shaded area I thought it would be worth mentioning.

2020-11-13, 01:38:27
Reply #18

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The rendering attached.

This looks like the sun's direction is too steep for the caustics to be reflected into the shadowed area. You probably know but since you said you want the caustic to bounce into the shaded area I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Thanks. Yes. Nevertheless, the sample-like splotches a-la vray 2002 is hard to fix in post.

2020-11-13, 21:37:55
Reply #19

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not practical in any sense, but you could Isolate just the floor and windows and render those separately you should get less sample splotches

2020-11-16, 19:57:24
Reply #20

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The simple test scene seems to work fine for me. I did move the position of the sun. I turned off the env just to make the caustics clearer in the beauty (otherwise the reflection of the sky drowns them out on the ground in particular. There's the beauty pass and a caustics pass (that I added) just to really pull out the caustics. No denoising used.

Oh I did also delete the render region that was in the VFB on loading, as caustics don't work with render regions.

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us