Author Topic: CXF - an exchange format for materials/scenes  (Read 1990 times)

2018-04-05, 22:30:13

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Corona is built to work well with its host applications, though it would be nice to have a separate, exportable format so one could exchange files between applications that use Corona.
There certainly would be some hurdles, as for example, using application specific procedurals and modifiers, but having the bare scene with all the corona materials and their settings would speed up the work.

If there's already something like that in the works, then...change the name to CXF because I came up with it and use Hard Hat Harry(working on him) as the mascot!

2018-04-06, 09:48:15
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Corona is built to work well with its host applications, though it would be nice to have a separate, exportable format so one could exchange files between applications that use Corona.
There certainly would be some hurdles, as for example, using application specific procedurals and modifiers, but having the bare scene with all the corona materials and their settings would speed up the work.

If there's already something like that in the works, then...change the name to CXF because I came up with it and use Hard Hat Harry(working on him) as the mascot!

Hi!

There's corona proxy format, which already works between Max and C4D. That said, there will be issues with coordinate systems, units, etc... but that all can be solved one day :-)

2018-04-06, 15:17:46
Reply #2

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I'm aware of the "CPF". It's still missing an X.