Author Topic: corona proxy shaders lost  (Read 9597 times)

2017-01-17, 08:38:49

Anto3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

The corona proxy lost textures and shading. Somebody can help me?

2017-01-17, 08:56:18
Reply #1

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Same for me.  Can't make it work !

2017-01-17, 09:21:57
Reply #2

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the proxy only contains the geonometrie (and as far as i noticed the uw-coordinates) but no material info.

in order to get materials you need a setup as shown here

@edit2elaborate:

ad cube-proxy - for simple objects its enough to just export the geonometrie with the corona proxy object and copy the materialtag from the original object onto the new proxy object.

ad complex proxy - for a complex object like a tree with more then 1 material on some part of the geonometrie you need to export each part of the original geonometrie to a seperate proxy, then again copy the uw-tag and material-tag onto the proxy object in order to retain the original settings.

if you do not copy the tags from the original objects, the proxy might not have the materials mapping 100% correctly.
hopefully this is now understandable.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-17, 10:26:12 by hog0 »

2017-01-17, 09:28:19
Reply #3

Anto3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
oh my god. :D :D :D

2017-01-17, 10:03:35
Reply #4

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D

2017-01-17, 10:15:04
Reply #5

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
unusefull

could you get into detail on that comment maybe? is there something you didnt get working?

2017-01-17, 11:19:45
Reply #6

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D
no shader support is the main problem, that all

2017-01-17, 11:22:46
Reply #7

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Better to use c4d native proxy imo.

2017-01-17, 11:32:41
Reply #8

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no shader support is the main problem, that all
if you want to store your proxy with shaders, you have two options:
1. finish your proxy including textures and save it as c4d file.
2. group the proxy object(s) with textures into a null object and drag it into the contentbrowser -for example- make a new preset called Corona Proxy -> drag and drop it there and you can load it from here into any scene you want - including materials..

it takes like 2mins for complex objects like cars, to fully proxy every single part, move or copy the textures on the proxy objects and add it into the contentbrowser...

only things to remember are to change the objects coordinates to 0/0/0 before you proxy it or the proxy parts wont fit together correctly and to keep all .cgeo files/paths so dont save the proxy cgeo into random folders spread all over your drive, instead make a folder (for me its D:\CoronaProxy\) and export every proxy.cgeo in there with the correct name... not that hard really..

even vray 3.4 does require the exact same setup for proxies.. if you dont apply the materials onto vray proxy they will be white. sadly you cant even add the vray proxys to the contentbrowser because they dont save the geonometrie paths correctly.. so corona is even superior in this case..

2017-01-17, 11:36:44
Reply #9

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Better to use c4d native proxy imo.

the problem with "native c4d proxy" called instances or renderinstances is that you actually require to have the geonometrie of every object present in your scene at least once and you cannot assign different materials onto those instances. this can cause extremely geonometry heavy projects.

the only reason why a proxy is used is because there is no actual geonometry inside the c4d project...

2017-01-17, 17:01:57
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, proxies currently store only geometry, uvs, and material ids (maybe something else too - but not the materials ;) ).
It is the same in the 3ds Max version.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-26, 05:17:15
Reply #11

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, proxies currently store only geometry, uvs, and material ids (maybe something else too - but not the materials ;) ).
It is the same in the 3ds Max version.

Maru is this going to change anytime soon? its kind of a bomber to having to do this long process of breaking the geometry . Some scenes we might be using 5 or more different species of plants.

2017-01-26, 15:21:14
Reply #12

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not sure how exactly this would work in C4D, but in Max you can simply save each material of each object, and then apply those materials to adequate proxies.
I am not aware of any plans regarding this. I am not even sure if that would be possible, since we want to keep the proxy format compatible with all platforms.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us