Author Topic: Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 17080 times)

2023-10-11, 12:28:02
Reply #30

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Just noticed these Power Tools listed on the Trello...

VERY exciting, very cool. Hope they are able to replace a bunch of random plug-ins I currently use.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-10-11, 13:16:20
Reply #31

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, make the new corona tiles with the same input option that Corona triplanar: the aditional outputs. ITs so tedious to add diferent tiles for diffuse. glossines IOR and bump for each material that got tiles. thanks!

This is in the plan for the Tiles map, similar functionality of having different inputs and outputs (how many and what they are for is up to you), and then the tiling controls affecting all of those. (usual disclaimer, this is the plan, plans may change, development is never a certainty, etc. :) ).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-10-11, 13:49:30
Reply #32

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and will we can avoid to use Berconmaps with the new corona tilemap? It will work in combination with coronamultimap to fill the tiles with diferents maps and randmize them his saturation gamma etc for each tile? will it have a gradient next to the grout like bercontile? its necessari to make bump greater or to simulate dirt at tile edges... Will it have a "centermap" option like Bercontile? it would be amazing.

Is a very spected feature because the tilemap of 3dsmax its not enought and the berconmaps dont work in some renderfarms.

Thanks!

2023-10-11, 15:27:23
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Berconmaps doesn't work on some PCs either, like mine, never mind just render farms :) The aim is to remove the need to use any other third party solution for creating tile maps, indeed, and because of that we've been considering what other solutions are out there, to ensure we match or exceed those. How close to that goal we get for all features in a first release, we will find out :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-10-26, 07:10:28
Reply #34

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not sure when this started happening, but one of the more recent dailes - when copying geometry from scene to scene, it doesnt copy the proxies properly (no file loaded).  I have to click on load and open the same path i save the proxy in and then it opens.  anyone experiencing this?

2023-10-26, 08:41:16
Reply #35

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
anyone experiencing this?

Yes, me, simply pressing "Reload from disk" works for the moment (if you mean merging into a scene by "copying").

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-10-27, 00:03:54
Reply #36

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yep thats what i mean - @corona devs, are you guys looking into this by any chance?

Yes, me, simply pressing "Reload from disk" works for the moment (if you mean merging into a scene by "copying").

Good Luck

2023-10-27, 02:33:51
Reply #37

lucidchris

• Users
    • View Profile

Good Luck

I'm having the same problem since the corona-11-3dsmax-daily-2023-10-03.exe build.
Yes you can press "Reload from Disk" but it can get a bit tricky when you are importing 100+ people proxies.

2023-10-27, 09:18:49
Reply #38

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
but it can get a bit tricky when you are importing 100+ people proxies.

I'm sure it will be fixed since even starting to render does not load the proxy - definitely a bug.

Good Luck

2023-10-27, 11:17:36
Reply #39

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
not sure when this started happening, but one of the more recent dailes - when copying geometry from scene to scene, it doesnt copy the proxies properly (no file loaded).  I have to click on load and open the same path i save the proxy in and then it opens.  anyone experiencing this?
Hi,

We'll look into it.

I'll let you know when there is some info.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-11-11, 01:53:17
Reply #40

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys latest daily - i dont see some materials transposed into cosmos (ie ceramics).

2023-11-11, 02:00:44
Reply #41

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys i got this error on the latest daily upon IR.

Also, for corona tile map, when you add a variation of the tile map for displacement, is it possible that it doesnt displace the grout?

Also, is there a way to creaat reflection/bump maps in a instance type of way so that you dont have to do them individually?  Because once you set up the diffuse tile map, if you want to create refelection and bump maps AND then want to change the diffuse parameters, then you have to manually change the reflection and bump parameters to be the exact same (ie if you change corner radius).

Scene Cleaner - froze one of my previous scenes after checking all elements.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-11, 02:47:33 by shortcirkuit »

2023-11-11, 09:41:03
Reply #42

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Also, is there a way to creaat reflection/bump maps in a instance type of way so that you dont have to do them individually?  Because once you set up the diffuse tile map, if you want to create refelection and bump maps AND then want to change the diffuse parameters, then you have to manually change the reflection and bump parameters to be the exact same (ie if you change corner radius).

Tiles has multiple inputs option like other Corona maps do.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-11, 12:30:21
Reply #43

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
hey guys i got this error on the latest daily upon IR.

Same here. Should i try to update GPU drivers, or maybe Corona team forgot to package needed dll in the installer? Or maybe that's done deliberately, maybe devs trying to force us to switch and familiarize with real-time denoiser? :]

Anyway, i tried new Corona power tools and i have few comments to share.

Object replacer - this script is disregarding transforms other than translation of replaced objects. That's bad, i can't see much use for a tool that strips away all rotations and scaling. At very least preserving transforms should be presented as an option, ideally it should be set as  default.

Transform randomizer - pretty good, but i'd really like to see more options for axis locking. I find Soulburn's transform randomizer ideal in this regard (see attached image). I also like how Soulburn's script reseeds randomization with each press of a button, that lets you quickly press apply several times in a row and see how randomization progresses. Corona's approach with live preview and manual seed is also nice, but maybe there is a place for combination of both methods?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-11, 15:37:24
Reply #44

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Should i try to update GPU drivers, or maybe Corona team forgot to package needed dll in the installer?

Looks like just a wrong additional "optix" directory (I haven't used the installer but if I extract the package, it's there as well). Go to

C:\Program Files\Corona\optix

and if there is another "optix" subdirectory, copy (or move) the dll in there one level higher.

Good Luck