Author Topic: Bim objects  (Read 2521 times)

2019-01-30, 12:46:53

M_SON

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, can someone to give me a hint how to make bim objects to look decent and not to see all those poligons? When I'm importing them are looking like this and I have no clue ho to make them round, I'm new in 3dsmax. Thank you so much for your time!

2019-01-30, 17:30:55
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been through these trials too...Whenever I've imported these bim models there were so many issues with weird geometry, un-welded vertices and bunk smoothing groups.

Honestly I found it was faster to remake these models from scratch than it was spending the time cleaning it up and make it usable. Just use the imported model as a reference.

2019-01-30, 18:50:40
Reply #2

M_SON

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been through these trials too...Whenever I've imported these bim models there were so many issues with weird geometry, un-welded vertices and bunk smoothing groups.

Honestly I found it was faster to remake these models from scratch than it was spending the time cleaning it up and make it usable. Just use the imported model as a reference.

i prefer to spend time creating the design and just importing objects like those, but thank you, i'll go to buy one for 6$ :))

2019-01-30, 21:46:13
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i prefer to spend time creating the design and just importing objects like those, but thank you, i'll go to buy one for 6$ :))

You do you.

2019-01-30, 22:06:32
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
How do you exported/imported the model? It looks that its normals was destroyed in the process.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-01-31, 08:39:24
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How do you exported/imported the model? It looks that its normals was destroyed in the process.

Or if it comes with explicit normals like CAD data, it could be that the shadow terminator fix is producing artifacts. But I agree that it looks more like missing normals.

2019-01-31, 08:44:29
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
First of all I would try just to smooth that darn thing, put a smooth modifier on top, activate Auto smooth and see if changes anything (or smooth it in sublevel, depending on the type of object). Would be 6$ worth to try :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-01-31, 08:55:35
Reply #7

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I usually have the same issue. It's mostly a thing of unwelded vertices which you can't necessarily resolve with simple auto-welding since sometimes there are more than 2 vertices in the same spot. And the normals are screwed up as well most of the time. I tend not to use any CAD files with curvature. For planar geometry like walls and such it works fine.
Visit boxel

2019-01-31, 11:10:27
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I suspect that that thing would look horribly with average normals. It's either you find a way to import original (explicit) normals or remodel it from scratch or spend $6. By the way, starting from tomorrow, it will be $7, so hurry up with your decision :]

2019-01-31, 13:47:32
Reply #9

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
romullus
you may find russian friend to buy models on 3ddd what have the same models at cheaper price for russian residents =)

2019-01-31, 16:56:06
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Would you be my russian friend? Just kidding, i'm actually selling few models on 3DDD, so i buy models from there in rubles :] Still, that doesn't change the fact that starting tomorrow, we will have to pay more, in rubles or in dollars. Although it's still ridiculously cheap.

2019-01-31, 17:05:24
Reply #11

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would you be my russian friend? Just kidding, i'm actually selling few models on 3DDD, so i buy models from there in rubles :] Still, that doesn't change the fact that starting tomorrow, we will have to pay more, in rubles or in dollars. Although it's still ridiculously cheap.
I don't mind to be you friend =)
i thought there is problem for paying methods for non russian users, at least for english supports