Author Topic: Railgun  (Read 27248 times)

2016-11-30, 11:43:31
Reply #45

GranDosicua

• Active Users
  • G24 Studio
    • View Profile
    • G24 Studio
I really like this because I'm very fond of box mapping and procedural shaders and I think they are a bit underrated, with all the Substances, UVLayouts, 3DCoats and all that stuff...
Corona RenderER. C'mon, is not so difficult...

2016-11-30, 12:15:29
Reply #46

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It looks great. There are some giveaways that it is procedually done so I am not sure what the complaints are aimed at...

I saw some comments you do tutorials? Would it possible to give me a link to where these are? Thank-you :)

2016-11-30, 12:33:41
Reply #47

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I saw some comments you do tutorials? Would it possible to give me a link to where these are? Thank-you :)

Official Corona youtube channel. I am responsible for about 80% of tutorials there. Rest are done by Maru and Tom.

2016-11-30, 13:40:10
Reply #48

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I banned fa2020 for toxic comments in this thread for 30 days
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-11-30, 15:55:37
Reply #49

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am not sure if that was not double-trolling.

But other than that, Ludvik obviously stole the model from me. I started modeling it from a box and I DO HAVE the low-poly version from the beginning of the modeling phase. Attaching it as a proof.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-30, 16:11:44
Reply #50

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure you didn't steel that box from one of the test-scenes uploaded on this forum? It sure looks like it....

:) :) :)

2016-11-30, 16:16:57
Reply #51

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yeah!

I am definitely sure I saw that shape before! I bet that if you show us a wireframe, it will have 6 faces, two of which at the top and bottom, other two left and right, and last two in front and back! I definitely saw that being sold somewhere.

But I am definitely not clean myself... Not only do I buy models, I buy those tutorials too... Those Corona tutorials are just bought stock tutorials, and then I just put my content in them and claim them my own. If someone asked me for low-pixel version of the tutorials, I'd be totally screwed. :D

2016-11-30, 19:44:57
Reply #52

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
OMG, up until now i was sure that you find those tutorials online and post it as your own, but if you do buy them it's even worse. Shame on you, mister.

BTW, your latest tutorial about lights and light materials is really kickass! That's what really needed by comunity IMHO. Complements to the person from which you bought it :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-30, 21:53:10
Reply #53

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
BTW, your latest tutorial about lights and light materials is really kickass! That's what really needed by comunity IMHO. Complements to the person from which you bought it :]

Actually my last tutorials do not seem that much popular for some reason :|

I mean for example the car one I had a really great feeling about, but the reception was a bit lukewarm, compared to something like PBR shading one, which I've put a lot less time and effort into, yet it blew up. People generally seem to like just very basic material setup tutorials for some reason :)

2016-11-30, 21:59:54
Reply #54

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was absolutely digging your Car Viz tutorial! And I'm sure there are a lot of others too.
Visit boxel

2016-11-30, 22:47:58
Reply #55

vicmds

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I mean for example the car one I had a really great feeling about, but the reception was a bit lukewarm, compared to something like PBR shading one, which I've put a lot less time and effort into, yet it blew up. People generally seem to like just very basic material setup tutorials for some reason :)

Don't worry. Project oriented tutorials hold immense value. People were probably thrown off by the lenght of the videos. I myself couldn't watch the whole project yet, but I plan on finding time to finish it!

2016-11-30, 23:13:15
Reply #56

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ludvik, while your car tutorial is really professional, personally i find it somehow out of place in official Corona channel. It is really good and i enjoyed to watch it, but it has little if any to do with Corona. While aforementioned PBR and light related ones are trully unique and very needed by comunity. Nonetheless, i try not to miss any tutorial from Corona Team and especially from you ;] Keep them coming, eventually they'll find their viewers.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-12-01, 00:22:49
Reply #57

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
fa2020 was trolling right? You can't be that DENSE lol.

2016-12-01, 00:25:21
Reply #58

Nate101

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I thought the car rendering video was one of the best tutorials I've ever seen, watched all 5 parts from start to finish and will probably do so again at least once or twice more.  The youtube videos (long and short) are hugely valuable to me and one of the reasons I've switched to Corona as my primary renderer.  Keep them coming!

2016-12-01, 02:57:02
Reply #59

MarsYellow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
God ,I laughed so hard If someone saw me he would have thought I have gone retarted .
Nice model and render btw .