Author Topic: Optasia Models  (Read 9849 times)

2016-01-20, 15:43:34

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there

I will add some models here that we create during the year. Most of them go to

« Last Edit: 2016-09-01, 09:36:35 by -Ben-Battler- »
Visit boxel

2016-01-20, 15:44:59
Reply #1

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
​We do a lot of bathroom visualization and therefore we spent quite an amount of time on pushing the quality of our towels. I think they belong to the sorts of assets which quickly expose an image as a rendering when not looking convincingly.
I'm quite happy how they turned out. And since most of the work happens inside the displacement channel, it is easy to reassign the detail onto a different base geometry.

I hope you like it.​
Visit boxel

2016-01-26, 19:37:36
Reply #2

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Our latest models contain some offspring from our bathroom visualizations in the past. It's part of a series by the italian company Cristina Rubinetterie. The models are based on CAD data.

Regards,
Ben
« Last Edit: 2016-01-27, 08:26:08 by -Ben-Battler- »
Visit boxel

2016-02-08, 18:53:53
Reply #3

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This series contains a couple of high quality lamp models. There will be more, up to now we feature models from Tom Dixon and Shiraleah.

Today I've seen the latest Youtube video concerning beginner mistakes. There Rawa talks about how it is not recommended to put a Falloff map into the reflection slot.
Grant Warwick does this to ensure that the reflection from e.g. gold turns white at glazing angles (in V-Ray though).
Is this still the wrong workflow in Corona? Because when I put the copper brown-redish color straight into the reflection slot then I won't get that gradient to white.

All our models are delivered in V-Ray as well.
Visit boxel

2016-02-08, 19:37:24
Reply #4

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Is this still the wrong workflow in Corona? Because when I put the copper brown-redish color straight into the reflection slot then I won't get that gradient to white.

I'm not sure of others, but I use Siger's ComplexFresnel map in the reflection slot with a CoronaColor map (RGB each set to 999999) in the Fresnel IOR slot (Fresnel IOR value at 999. in the mat). I believe that this enables the gradient to end at white instead of black.

2016-02-09, 09:00:15
Reply #5

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure of others, but I use Siger's ComplexFresnel map in the reflection slot with a CoronaColor map (RGB each set to 999999) in the Fresnel IOR slot (Fresnel IOR value at 999. in the mat). I believe that this enables the gradient to end at white instead of black.

Okay. Someday I will have to take a look at that map. But since I want to sell the models I'd like to avoid 3rd party ressources. I don't know if the use of that map differs from using a normal falloff map in the reflection slot though or if the "problem" is the same.
What do you mean by ending the gradient to end at white instead of black? In what case does it end at black?
Visit boxel

2016-02-09, 12:56:29
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Putting falloff in reflectivity color is not a mistake, especially if you want to use custom-shaped curves or colors. The point was that it is better to use just the Fresnel IOR parameter than the falloff map if you want to achieve the same effect.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-09, 13:14:15
Reply #7

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay great, thank you maru.
Visit boxel

2016-02-09, 13:20:13
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Update: Falloff map with the Fresnel type used should be avoided in the reflection color slot as it may lead to incorrect results. It is always better to use the built-in Fresnel controls.

2016-02-09, 13:22:15
Reply #9

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay. What about leaving it at Perp/Parallel and modifying the Mix Curve instead?
Visit boxel

2016-02-09, 13:52:56
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That should work perfectly fine and is allowed (there is no other way to make a custom curve - right?)

2016-02-09, 13:54:04
Reply #11

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All right, absolutely.
Visit boxel

2016-06-27, 10:21:35
Reply #12

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We were working on a couple of new models in the last weeks.

They now come as collapsed geometry so no modifiers used.

All our models are delivered in V-Ray as well.

Enjoy.
Visit boxel

2016-06-29, 15:26:26
Reply #13

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New are some chair models.

As usual, Corona and V-Ray materials.
Visit boxel

2016-09-01, 09:35:42
Reply #14

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Our new models contain some stationery scene fillers.

Those are the things that no one ever wants to model but can appear almost everywhere in an interior.

Link
Visit boxel