Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 2 daily build  (Read 132706 times)

2018-03-22, 23:14:37
Reply #15

danielmn322

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems like shaders previews look a bit weird they sometimes load normal but after a few minutes turns to this:

2018-03-22, 23:33:32
Reply #16

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I don't use much displacement and I don't use IR that much as the scenes I am working on are pretty complicated but I have been using the new beta for a couple of days in my normal workflow and have notices a bit of a speed increase on mac os. Also pretty stable for me. Great job, looking forward to the next update.

2018-03-23, 03:05:51
Reply #17

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very stable indeed! Not a single crash yet

Maybe have found a small bug though, render region doesn't seem to work at first attempt, I need to turn it on and off a couple of times before it kicks in

2018-03-23, 07:18:03
Reply #18

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Yes u have to move render region area to make it work.

2018-03-23, 10:59:51
Reply #19

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
quick question cause I didn't have time to test.
Does this support light blocking geometry(ie. bones) or does it stay completely opaque as the SSS option in the standard shader?

I like the simplicity of the SSS mode but sometimes, the volumetric, even though much slower, gives a more accurate result. Especially with the scatter bias.

Bones are just quicker to generate than painting new transmission maps. That's why I ask.

2018-03-23, 17:00:16
Reply #20

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So.. A bit strange... I received this error message while rendering with Arnold? Was testing out Arnold's support for Cinema's procedural noises...

- Shawn

2018-03-23, 17:47:40
Reply #21

danielmn322

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I noticed something with shadows, I wasn't able to use shadow catcher with an HDRI cause the landscape plane wasn't doing it so I used a corona sun to create shadows and it was working with beta 1 on this one shadows aren't rendering anymore and I noticed also that some materials that has an opacity mask takes a long time to make a preview of the material just like what it was happening in beta 1

2018-03-23, 20:13:58
Reply #22

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When texturing imported daz models with the daz texture assets (all maps with correct uvw) ...everyting is fine if placed in the normal corona material.

But if I use the skin shader...the uvw is off a bit (example..the nipple texture is off its "base" a little bit)

2018-03-23, 21:29:43
Reply #23

danielmn322

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When texturing imported daz models with the daz texture assets (all maps with correct uvw) ...everyting is fine if placed in the normal corona material.

But if I use the skin shader...the uvw is off a bit (example..the nipple texture is off its "base" a little bit)

I noticed that too with lips and face textures or if you use SSS option it turns black on small parts even if you decrease the size of each SSS option using the skin material

2018-03-23, 22:32:47
Reply #24

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
So.. A bit strange... I received this error message while rendering with Arnold? Was testing out Arnold's support for Cinema's procedural noises...

- Shawn

can't confirm that. I have no conflict.

I don't use DAZ but I've tried some humans. Are you sure the UVW is off? SSS, especially in skin shaders with multiple SSS channels tend to wash out details even more. The colors bleed more into each other.

If it's not that, please provide a pic or scene.

2018-03-24, 14:35:55
Reply #25

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see it off even in the viewport... I will provide a screenshot later

2018-03-24, 15:47:27
Reply #26

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I'm really curious. I don't have that.

2018-03-25, 16:31:56
Reply #27

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

seems to be just in the viewport...my bad, false alarm.

2018-03-25, 17:22:35
Reply #28

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Actually ..I do have an issue. Daz exports models segmented with texture tags (this was an alembic export, but i do believe it's the same principle for other file types).

I applied all the textures with the exact same default values, but i can still see where they connect as pointed on the picture.

Thanks for the speedy feedback!

2018-03-25, 19:14:52
Reply #29

draekser

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Actually ..I do have an issue. Daz exports models segmented with texture tags (this was an alembic export, but i do believe it's the same principle for other file types).

I applied all the textures with the exact same default values, but i can still see where they connect as pointed on the picture.

Thanks for the speedy feedback!

i have this issues with the sss volumetric layer of 'defaut' material. Impossible to textured a character with multi tags.
but with the new skin shader if you use a correct sss texture for control the amount of sss, it's correct, you don't see the 'joint' between textures.