Author Topic: Help with building a new computer  (Read 118 times)

2024-04-26, 13:50:25

Mortimer

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I've been working in the architectural visualization industry for some time now, in various studios. However, I've recently made the leap to freelance work, and I have questions regarding PC setups, as I'm a total noob in this area. I've worked with both Intel and AMD, and honestly, I've always felt more comfortable with Intel because AMD tended to have performance issues and ended up being slower than the Intel processors my colleagues were using. Maybe the AMD machine was poorly configured, but it was strange to see Intel outperforming a processor that theoretically should have been much more optimal for the task. That's why I'm turning to you, the real hardware experts, to ask for advice. I already have a configured computer, but I'm eager to hear your opinions on potential upgrades or other options you think might be better. Any comments are welcome :) Thanks to all of you for your time and help. Best regards to everyone!

Here are the specs:

- Intel Core i9-14900 K 6.0GHz Socket 1700
- Motherboard ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi
- 4X32 Gb Ram Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 5200MHz 32GB CL40
- Liquid cooling Forgeon Azoth 360 ARGB 360 mm (here i honestly prefer a noctua or something non-liquid, but as i said, i'm ready to listen other options :)
- Corsair RMx Series RM 1000x 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular
- MSI GeForce RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X E OC 24GB GDDRS DLSS3
- Samsung 990 PRO 2TB SSD PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
- 2XWD Red plus 3.5" 4TB SATA 3

2024-04-30, 15:08:52
Reply #1

Mortimer

• Users
    • View Profile