Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088530 times)

2016-06-20, 15:09:26
Reply #900

Marcellus Ludovicus

• Active Users
  • Vincunt, eos quibuscum contendunt.
    • View Profile

I apologize if this question has already been asked in the last 60 pages... but will the converter convert multiple Vray map types and nodes into corona maps, node for node, per material, or at least into something usable?

I ask because I am trying to convince a friend to use the trial Corona version to convert his vray mats for me.  And he would like to know if it is worth his time (short as possible).  Because I am too poor to own a version of vray to convert them myself.  :)

Cheers!

Can I /bump this for my original question?  I kinda got sidetracked.

2016-06-20, 15:34:15
Reply #901

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes the converter will convert everything into something useful! But there will still be some cases where you need to change some parameters in order to make it look better, more "real", or simply to speed up rendertimes.

2016-06-20, 15:41:16
Reply #902

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Meanwhile couple more bugs from me. 1. standard material's specular map doesn't go through conversion and gets lost somwhere. 2. mapped opacity strangely is set to 0,99 value after conversion. Attaching screenshot. May provide material if that would help.

Converter 1.26
Ok, I have a couple of hours for bugfixing right now and I cannot reproduce these 2.
1) seems to be fine here, are you sure you're talking about the specular map?
2) Doesn't happen here, converts fine to 1.00 but this might be a case of weird rounding by maxscript on this particular material
I think it would be best if you could provide a material for both cases for me to test (max 2014 if possible) :)

Sure, here's the offending material.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-06-28, 10:22:18
Reply #903

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I always find it fascinating that several people download those bug reporting scenes :D
Ok, here's what I found.
1) It's the specular color map that gets lost. Sorry, didn't get that in the last posts. I'm only converting the Specular level and glossiness maps right now. I could probably multiply both together but I'll have to test first if the results are the same - sounds a bit whacky to me. I'll put it back on the todo list, first I'll try to get out an updated converter for the daily builds asap.
2) That's one of those funny max things. The Standard material shows an opacity of 100, integer. If I look it up via maxscript it says 99.9999, floating point. So the conversion is correct - it's just max fooling around ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-06-28, 12:59:05
Reply #904

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, new version for the daily builds coming probably later today. I had to change quite some stuff under the hood since the new Corona GGX Brdf is finally using the full range. Vray GGX to Corona GGX is now converted 1:1, no mappings required anymore.
For everything else (based on Blinn) I created a new conversion table and custom curve for glossiness maps (which took a while again). You can now chose to ignore the difference and simply convert 1:1 (currently the default, let me know what you think about it and if it makes sense) or use the advanced conversion with a table and the good old output map stuff.
See the images below for the difference between both methods.

2016-06-29, 10:10:55
Reply #905

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, here's the script. It would be very nice if some people could test it with the daily builds :) If you do, please test both the 1:1 and advanced method for vray Blinn materials (see the screenshot below). I'd be very happy about feedback which one you prefer and which should be the default.

FOLLOWING SCRIPT IS ONLY WORKING WITH DAILY BUILDS!
Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.27 - [2016/06/29]
  • removed VrayGGX to CoronaGGX (new non-clamped) glossiness conversion
  • added new VrayBlinn to CoronaGGX glossiness conversion table and curve
  • changed the vray options to just one checkbox for conversion of non GGX Brdfs
  • removed "show maps in Viewport" buttons since this is now supported natively by Corona
  • added a button to remove old Glossiness conversion output maps from already converted scenes
  • fixed: StandardMtl bump strength with NormalBump
  • probably fixed: VrayHDRI undefined filename error

2016-06-29, 20:12:13
Reply #906

GabaCGStudio

where is the 1.27 download link?

2016-06-29, 20:15:54
Reply #907

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
see the image below

2016-06-29, 20:48:42
Reply #908

GabaCGStudio

2016-06-29, 20:51:37
Reply #909

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Looks like you're seeing a cached version. I also changed a bit of the text too which is also not showing on your screenshot, that's why I'm sure it's not a problem with javascript. Try clearing your browser cache and reload the page :)

2016-06-29, 20:52:26
Reply #910

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-06-30, 10:44:14
Reply #911

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ctrl+F5
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-07, 18:54:37
Reply #912

Marcellus Ludovicus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Question:

Will the converter convert the following Node-based Vray materials in a compound procedural vray material?:

VrayMtl
VrayBlendMtl
VrayBumpMtl
VrayColor2Bump
VrayTriplanar

Thank you for your replies!

-Marcellus

2016-07-07, 19:04:10
Reply #913

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It will convert VrayMtl and VrayBlendMtl but not VrayBumpMtl, VrayColor2Bump and VrayTriplanar since there are no maps in Corona that do the same thing.

2016-07-07, 19:05:53
Reply #914

Marcellus Ludovicus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It will convert VrayMtl and VrayBlendMtl but not VrayBumpMtl, VrayColor2Bump and VrayTriplanar since there are no maps in Corona that do the same thing.

Thank you for the quick reply.  And please disregard the other PM and email I sent asking the same thing.