Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088536 times)

2016-05-28, 18:20:20
Reply #885

Pazey

• Users
    • View Profile
Does it work with corona 1.4?

2016-05-28, 18:28:19
Reply #886

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Just found that standart material's bump strength gets converted from 100 to 3,5 by converter. Is this intentional? Not very convenient when one have to fix strength of all normal maps by hand :[
Damn, sorry. I missed your post :( . If I remember correctly I made an exception for bump conversion in Vray Materials when a normal map is detected. Seems like I didn't do that for Standard Mtls. I'll put it on the todo list.

Something weird is happening when I use this script in Max 2016. When I run the script, the converter window pops up and then disappears, but it works fine in Max 2014. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?
I don't have access to 2016 right now but it should work fine in all max versions. Are there any error messages in the maxscript listener in the lower left corner?

Does it work with corona 1.4?
It should :) Please report all problems if there are any.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-06-04, 22:18:09
Reply #887

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If I remember correctly I made an exception for bump conversion in Vray Materials when a normal map is detected. Seems like I didn't do that for Standard Mtls. I'll put it on the todo list.

That would be great.

Meanwhile couple more bugs from me. 1. standard material's specular map doesn't go through conversion and gets lost somwhere. 2. mapped opacity strangely is set to 0,99 value after conversion. Attaching screenshot. May provide material if that would help.

Converter 1.26
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-06-08, 23:13:26
Reply #888

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Already possible and easy to do :) The converter can be completely controlled via maxscript: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/mxsDocumentation.html
Ehh if only I would be less of a stupid architect and more of a programmer type ))
[/quote]

I'm also a stupid architect and although I own and really like Project Manager, there is unfortunately a bit of a language barrier that prevents me from using it to its full potential. It would be tremendously helpful to see a step by step video showing some of the finer functionality. There are videos, but they are more of the silent show what is possible nature and doesn't explain anything. The documentation is either in Russian (I believe) or consists of screen grabs. I still like it though, the developer is super active with constant upgrades, very fast to answer questions.

Antanas, up for a short video? Never been able to figure out the bath relink for example.  :)

2016-06-08, 23:42:06
Reply #889

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Meanwhile couple more bugs from me. 1. standard material's specular map doesn't go through conversion and gets lost somwhere. 2. mapped opacity strangely is set to 0,99 value after conversion. Attaching screenshot. May provide material if that would help.

Converter 1.26

Ok, thanks for reporting, I'll also add it to the todo list. Sorry for getting back to you so late again , I'm currently completely in crunchtime-mode and other stuff has to wait =/

2016-06-08, 23:46:58
Reply #890

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
No worries, those little bugs are not critical. I can live with that, as long as i know that eventually it will be addresed :]

2016-06-14, 13:04:26
Reply #891

Moataz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
>>> SCENE Info: <<<
Corona version: 1.4, build timestamp: May 16 2016 11:05:10
Converter version: 1.26
Installed Vray plugins: V_Ray_RT_3_20_03  V_Ray_Adv_3_20_03 
# Material conversion took 0.92 seconds
# Iterations: 46, converted: 46
# Map conversion took 0.167 seconds
# Iterations: 40, converted: 13
# Light conversion took 0.033 seconds
# Iterations: 3

Error occured in VRayHDRI : Map #5232352322:VRayHDRI
-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: FileName

2016-06-14, 23:25:39
Reply #892

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for reporting, should be an easy fix :) . Will be done in the next version.

2016-06-18, 15:31:16
Reply #893

Marcellus Ludovicus

• Active Users
  • Vincunt, eos quibuscum contendunt.
    • View Profile
I apologize if this question has already been asked in the last 60 pages... but will the converter convert multiple Vray map types and nodes into corona maps, node for node, per material, or at least into something usable?

I ask because I am trying to convince a friend to use the trial Corona version to convert his vray mats for me.  And he would like to know if it is worth his time (short as possible).  Because I am too poor to own a version of vray to convert them myself.  :)

Cheers!

2016-06-18, 15:35:36
Reply #894

ktulu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't need to own a version of vray to be able to convert vray materials to corona. Just install a demo version of vray and you're good to go.

2016-06-18, 20:07:34
Reply #895

Marcellus Ludovicus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I intend to use these materials for commercial purposes.  The demo states pretty clearly it's not supposed to be used for commercial purposes.

2016-06-18, 20:42:26
Reply #896

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wish that more renderers would offer PLE editions, for those that don't render for living and can't afford to spend money on tools that will never pay off. Something like Brzil Rio was, or Corona A6 is. By the way, i think, Corona even allows commercial use with A6!

Anyway, i don't think that it's counting as commercial use if you have Vray demo installed on your pc just for that Max could be able to read Vray materials. I could be wrong, though.

2016-06-18, 20:59:32
Reply #897

Marcellus Ludovicus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Romullus.  I dont really know.  I work with law books alot so my mind might be warped by legal positivism.  I agree it seems like a grey area, so when in doubt I emailed the VRay team about this very question.  I got crickets back.  Maybe if a few more people asked, they would respond officially, that way at least we would know.

2016-06-18, 22:08:21
Reply #898

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, I agree with romullus. The point is, that nothing commercial is rendered with the demo, it's just the dll's and stuff that's needed for the converter/Max to read the materials. And I think the same goes the other way around when people install a Corona demo to make the "Corona to Vray" converter work.

Anyway, it would of course be nice to have an official answer.

Best luck

2016-06-20, 12:11:46
Reply #899

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks

Converter 1.26
Ok, I have a couple of hours for bugfixing right now and I cannot reproduce these 2.
1) seems to be fine here, are you sure you're talking about the specular map?
2) Doesn't happen here, converts fine to 1.00 but this might be a case of weird rounding by maxscript on this particular material
I think it would be best if you could provide a material for both cases for me to test (max 2014 if possible) :)