Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088299 times)

2016-03-06, 14:12:59
Reply #855

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Whoops :D Good point, will add it in the next version, thanks for the info :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-03-20, 15:24:15
Reply #856

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you ever tried to implement conversion of the old blend layer method to the new Corona layered material?

2016-03-20, 16:28:54
Reply #857

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
"blend layer method",  what exactly do you mean?

2016-03-20, 20:07:16
Reply #858

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
blend layer method - By creating two different materials and pluging them into slot 1 and 2 of a blend map with a mask. The old way to create layer mats before the Corona Layered mat came along.

Just I've my material library to clean up and hoped you had looked into that. No sweat if not :)

2016-03-23, 09:46:51
Reply #859

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, I'll have a look at it (and the other suggestions/bugs) as soon as things calm down here and I got time for something else than meeting deadlines ;)

2016-04-08, 11:43:57
Reply #860

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Glad you like the script :)
I get this request once in a while but as always I must say: Not going to happen from my side. Doing a reverse-converter wouldn't make much sense for me and be just a whole lot of work - I'd have to do every new feature implementation and bug fix twice. Furthermore, the userbase for a reverse-converter would be way smaller than for the current one.
Chaosgroup has it's own scene converter which is now also supporting Corona Materials (surprise surprise ;) ) - I'd suggest to try that one ;)

:) yes i thought so... i havn't heard about the chaosgroup scene converter ... i think i need to try that in order to jump between render-engines.

2016-04-09, 21:26:25
Reply #861

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've noticed that VrayFastSSS (Evermotion Raspberries) gets quite simplified and looses any SSS setup. Is it because the material is too specialized ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-09, 23:21:20
Reply #862

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, I currently do not see a way to convert it properly. My attempts were giving unpredictable results and thus I decided to rather simplify it than having weird looking stuff floating around in the scene somewhere. But I'm always open for suggestions ;)

2016-04-11, 14:22:42
Reply #863

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, I'm currently having a bit of spare time to get stuff done, so now is a good time for suggestions :D

blend layer method - By creating two different materials and pluging them into slot 1 and 2 of a blend map with a mask. The old way to create layer mats before the Corona Layered mat came along.

Just I've my material library to clean up and hoped you had looked into that. No sweat if not :)
I have concluded that I'm not going to make an automatic conversion sorry. I'd have to check for usage of the mixing curve and/or mix amounts/maps + make sure it's not nested blends, that would make everything a lot more complicated and the result might differ. If you need a custom solution for your library that's a different case and we could probably make something for that case, but it's not something I'd like to integrate in the converter.

2016-04-11, 15:10:34
Reply #864

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New long overdue version with some fixes.

Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.26 - [2016/04/11]
  • minor changes to vray light units conversion
  • bitmaps with empty filepath can now be converted to CoronaBitmap
  • fixed: VrayHdri conversion with older Vray versions
  • fixed: properties will not animate anymore when Auto Key is on

2016-05-09, 19:51:48
Reply #865

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heya fellas and feller-ettes,

So here's a Q. Any chance of a button in the converter to go from Corona materials back to Scanline basic materials? I have bumped into a workflow whereby i sometimes need to take my file into other apps that use scanline...

2016-05-09, 19:57:23
Reply #866

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The question is how useful this would be in an automatic fashion. The Standard Material is fundamentally different in many ways. Apart from that, if you want to export those you can basically only use a Standard material with only bitmap textures assigned. Every other map and special corona map had to be removed before. While its "possible", the results would be very dependent on your original materials.
I don't really want to include that in the standard Corona Converter, I'd rather suggest doing it externally with a custom script.

2016-05-09, 20:12:52
Reply #867

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Makes sense especially as it is probably not that common. I've just sat for 4 hours selecting and converting my Corona Mats to Standard. Even if it's just the simples like Diffuse / Bump / Reflection.

It would be such a win to have a button to take 4 hours off my evening.

How do we go about doing this :)

Start with a bunch of flowers and a ton of gratitude...

2016-05-09, 21:52:14
Reply #868

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is there a way to use this converter externally ? Without opening 3dsMax ?

(alternatively, also re-pathing assets ?)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-09, 21:55:28
Reply #869

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
How do we go about doing this :)
You got a PM

Is there a way to use this converter externally ? Without opening 3dsMax ?

(alternatively, also re-pathing assets ?)
Nope, and never will. Maxscript only works inside an open max instance. Even if it was written in a different language, no one knows how the .max file format works, you can't access any data in it (not even mentioning the plugins).