Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088619 times)

2016-01-19, 22:34:25
Reply #840

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Please update to the latest converter version 1.24, the bug in the report is fixed there already :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-01-21, 12:13:23
Reply #841

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New version, adding VrayHDRI conversion which is enabled by default (due to crashes with Vray 3.x). I hope I didn't forget something important so please test it if you can :)

Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.25 - [2016/01/21]
  • added: Vray 3.3 additional bump map in VrayNormalMap conversion
  • added: Vray 3.3 VrayBlendMtl enable checkbox conversion
  • added: VrayHDRI conversion (enabled by default) to prevent crashes using recent Vray 3.x versions

2016-01-22, 02:30:49
Reply #842

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It may sound silly but would it be possible to convert bitmaps to Corona bitmap even though there's no bitmap loaded.

I have a .mat file where I save all my material presets that I was tidying up by converting bitmaps>>CoronaBitmap, filtering to 0.1, convert Bercon noise to SigersNoise maps... stuff like that.

But, currently the script bypasses any bitmaps where there is a stripped path. Can you change it so it does this?

I'm currently using the lastest daily build.

Thanks.

2016-01-22, 15:15:28
Reply #843

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
With "stripped path" you mean an empty string, right?
I'm not sure anymore why I'm not converting "empty" bitmaptexture instances... probably because I haven't seen sense in it but maybe there was a technical issue too. I'll make a note for the next version and if it works fine I'll change it.

2016-01-22, 17:42:38
Reply #844

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah that's it. Just I have some of my mats setup with the bitmaps already pluged in ready to go and was wanting to swap them out for Corona ones. Hopefully you don't see an issue. Cheers.

2016-02-05, 10:58:58
Reply #845

phil_kill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Errors in MatConverter. Error text in the attach

2016-02-05, 11:01:12
Reply #846

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Errors in MatConverter. Error text in the attach

Please update to the latest converter version 1.25, the bug in the report is fixed there already :)

2016-02-16, 09:04:35
Reply #847

micmac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
>>> SCENE Info: <<<
Corona version: 1.3, build timestamp: Nov  3 2015 13:06:02
Converter version: 1.25
Installed Vray plugins: V_Ray_RT_3_00_03  V_Ray_Adv_3_00_03 
# Material conversion took 0.056 seconds
# Iterations: 0, converted: 0
# Map conversion took 2.54 seconds
# Iterations: 342, converted: 0
# Light conversion took 0.018 seconds
# Iterations: 9

Error occured in VRayHDRI : Map #16:VRayHDRI
-- Unknown property: "coords" in Map #16:VRayHDRI

2016-02-16, 09:50:23
Reply #848

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for the report! Seems like vray 3.00.03 misses some properties. The fix will be available in the next converter version (even though I would strongly recommend to update, there have been a gazillion of bug fixes and other stuff since 3.00.03)

2016-02-17, 14:56:38
Reply #849

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
First i really like your script and it save a lot of work, when handling different models.

But i constantly switch between Vray and corona projects - and sometimes i wished there would be an inverse converter. Converting corona back into vray-materials.
Would this be possible to be scripted the way your script work? I'm not so much into scripting - but i guess its a lot of work to change the parameters in the script.

2016-02-17, 15:04:34
Reply #850

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
First i really like your script and it save a lot of work, when handling different models.

But i constantly switch between Vray and corona projects - and sometimes i wished there would be an inverse converter. Converting corona back into vray-materials.
Would this be possible to be scripted the way your script work? I'm not so much into scripting - but i guess its a lot of work to change the parameters in the script.

Glad you like the script :)
I get this request once in a while but as always I must say: Not going to happen from my side. Doing a reverse-converter wouldn't make much sense for me and be just a whole lot of work - I'd have to do every new feature implementation and bug fix twice. Furthermore, the userbase for a reverse-converter would be way smaller than for the current one.
Chaosgroup has it's own scene converter which is now also supporting Corona Materials (surprise surprise ;) ) - I'd suggest to try that one ;)

2016-02-26, 01:57:54
Reply #851

vancliff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you tell me the procedure to replace this one for the one installed within corona? Where do I put it?

2016-02-26, 09:42:41
Reply #852

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Could you tell me the procedure to replace this one for the one installed within corona? Where do I put it?

Whoops, looks like it's not described anywhere. You only need to download the file and place it here:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\CoronaRenderer\"
You don't need to delete or overwrite anything, the menu entry/macroscripts will find the new version by themselves ;).

[Edit]
Ok, I've also put the info on the website :)
« Last Edit: 2016-02-26, 09:56:08 by DeadClown »

2016-02-28, 07:44:03
Reply #853

vancliff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. I read the 56 threads and there were no mention of it.

2016-03-06, 13:51:04
Reply #854

JCdeBlok

• Active Users
  • Jonathan de Blok
    • View Profile
If you run the script with autokey on it will generate a key for each property that it set, you might want to wrap it in a 'with animate off'  context :)