Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1095345 times)

2014-12-17, 18:35:32
Reply #390

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Then the "official" proxy converter is wrong ;-)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,3480.msg29013.html#msg29013
Hey Guys,
the best should be use of "Corona Renderer", as we are also planning to introduce our official scripts and we would like to put them in same category.
It would be nice if we can all use Corona Renderer and be on same side of the river.
Is that okay with you?
ah.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-20, 18:27:13
Reply #392

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Pixel Artist Illustration
Getting script errors with v0.27 and the 12/19 daily.  Screenshot attached.

FYI, I really like new layout features I'm seeing in v0.27 (been using V0.20 til now).

Btw,your script has been incredibly helpful in my work, thank you soooo much for developing it and for all your hard work doing so!
Adrian Alan Brown
The Pixel Artist Illustration
www.thepixelartist.com
Behance Gallery: https://www.behance.net/thepixelartist

2014-12-20, 18:37:25
Reply #393

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
P.S. I'm seeing these script error/s every time I try to use .27 and on any scene, even on a brand new one.  Also, just tried .22 and looks like the same problem, so it might be something new with 12/19 build.  Will test with 12/16 build next.
Adrian Alan Brown
www.thepixelartist.com

2014-12-20, 18:40:33
Reply #394

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
In this case it's a problem with the Autodesk materials/maps. Unfortunately I cannot create Autodesk maps inside 3dsmax which makes debugging impossible. Could you provide a simple scene with a bunch of (crashing) materials that I can use? I'm trying to find some in the internet but I've not been not lucky yet.

If you see others errors please report them as well. It might not be the same error. I don't have any here with new/my scenes.

2014-12-20, 19:19:51
Reply #395

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In this case it's a problem with the Autodesk materials/maps. Unfortunately I cannot create Autodesk maps inside 3dsmax which makes debugging impossible. Could you provide a simple scene with a bunch of (crashing) materials that I can use? I'm trying to find some in the internet but I've not been not lucky yet.

If you see others errors please report them as well. It might not be the same error. I don't have any here with new/my scenes.

Sending scene through PM
Adrian Alan Brown
www.thepixelartist.com

2014-12-20, 19:53:36
Reply #396

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
@The Pixel Artist: Ok, I fixed the crashes. It "should" work with everything now, I'm not completely sure though. I didn't know that Autodesk_Maps can have different Parameters in different UIs... It's such a huge mess what Autodesk did there. I really recommend to make new materials.

FOLLOWING SCRIPT IS ONLY WORKING WITH DAILY BUILDS!
I've updated the download page (Link), the daily builds are now hosted there too :)

changelog:
*v0.28_dailyBuilds
  • better VrayShadow conversion
  • fixed a bug with Autodesk_Map conversions

2014-12-20, 20:21:41
Reply #397

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Holy shit you're fast!  I'll give it a try in just a bit and let you know.
(looks like a new build may be coming too)
Adrian Alan Brown
www.thepixelartist.com

2014-12-22, 00:57:28
Reply #398

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DC, finally getting a chance to get back to you!

So, good news, everything seem to be working now... but it actually didn't at first.  Was still getting those damn script errors, even with v.28 and the new daily builds.

However, since you weren't having the same problems I figured it has to be something here on my end and I removed all corona files (manually), reinstalled... still didn't work.  Tried several different version combos between ACMC and the dailys, still no luck.  Only Corona v7.2 and below would still work fine.  Then, it JUST STARTED WORKING and I have no real idea why either!!

I had just uninstalled/reinstalled corona/ACM again (7.2, with clear install option, then 12/19 build) tried one scene, no luck, then another and it WORKED, then tried the previous scene and it worked too!!  Now everything seems fine!!!
Adrian Alan Brown
www.thepixelartist.com

2014-12-22, 11:22:36
Reply #399

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
mhh... very odd. Have it been the same kind of error messages or others? If you happen to have new (or the same) errors, please report it again here :)

2014-12-25, 10:31:53
Reply #400

Ice_Juice

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, i use *v0.28_dailyBuilds and detect problems when converting lights. Standard lights is converted into corona light, but it is not very good, because in standard lights we have far/Near attenuation  and it is a very useful feature especially in terms of noise

2014-12-25, 22:35:20
Reply #401

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
mmmh... what kind of standard lights are you referring to? All the direct-, spot-, omni etc lights are only changing their shadow type to coronaShadows, the only "standard" lights that I'm converting in this way should be mr_AreaLight and mr_AreaLightomni because I had the impression these would be closer to coronaLights.

2014-12-26, 06:49:54
Reply #402

Ice_Juice

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean mr_lights because there have near/far attenuation & area light parameters (area shadows in corona). but corona_light it does not support it & and it is very limited
And one more - unfortunately converter doesn't convert mental ray material.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-26, 09:53:02 by Ice_Juice »

2014-12-31, 10:16:30
Reply #403

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a message to Deadclown really.

I was hoping that Deadclowns converter could convert Vray to Standard materials sometime in the future....?

I have tried all the scripts out there (MultyConverter and VrayMaterialConverter25) and I get errors. I am using Max 2015. And I cannot afford the Autodesk converter.

I prefer Standard Mats because I feel more at home with the layout compared to Corona Mats.... which confuses me abit when doing stuff in the Slate Editor.

Thanks.

PS - You don't realise how could something is to you try other things. Deadclowns converter is a breeze to use compared to others out there. I use v.19 which I prefer over the newer version.

A few suggestions though... the interface is looking abit crowded with all the new add-ons.... needs a facelift to simplify things.
Another thing.... it does not tell you when the conversion is finished. It does it automatically in a flash. But it would be good if we were notified with a green light or "okay" message.

Not trying to be picky... just want an already great script to be visually better since I use it all the time. Many thanks :)

2015-01-02, 20:42:43
Reply #404

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
@Ice_Juice: You're right, I will change the conversion to make the MR_lights standard directional/omni lights :)
About the mental ray materials: there are so many different shaders for the mr mtl, with so many different behaviors, an automatic conversion doesn't make sense to me (and would be a tremendous amount of work too)

@Black Sun
I will not do a Vray to Standard mtl converter. It's not the purpose of this converter and it's not adding anything that a lot of people would use (actually, I believe you'd be the only one).

About the interface, I'm thinking about it but I didn't have a good idea for a solution yet =/

About a notification when the conversion is done: Normally the button keeps being "pressed" until the conversion is done (in my case it's blue when it's pressed). For most conversions it only takes a second. It may take a bit longer in very heavy scenes, but that's seldom. You can easily see when the converter is done if you look in the left bottom corner (the white field). It prints "Conversion done."