Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088521 times)

2014-10-24, 18:22:14
Reply #330

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I know how to code even, but I became so lazy and dumb the past years I avoid it completely.

Thank you much :- ) Going to test
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-25, 17:06:26
Reply #331

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
Hello everyone and thank you so much to the author of this converter. I wanted to ask, but you can add one more feature that disables all full filtering textures. Simply switch the filtration mode NONE, it would be very simplified and speeded up the work.
Design is magic

2014-10-25, 17:40:35
Reply #332

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can disable texture filtering globally in Corona settings.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-10-25, 19:31:48
Reply #333

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
You can disable texture filtering globally in Corona settings.

Hmm, maybe something I did not notice this option mean?

Design is magic

2014-10-25, 20:33:06
Reply #334

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, choose "none" to disable filtering for all texmaps.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-10-25, 20:57:55
Reply #335

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
Yes, choose "none" to disable filtering for all texmaps.
thanks man
Design is magic

2014-10-26, 16:42:22
Reply #336

bouhmidage

• Active Users
  • Open for any architectural freelance work
    • View Profile
    • Kam studio
material converter 0.22 does not convert forest pack and laubwerk materals correctly , it doesn't aplly alpha map , so leaves are rendered as colored surface :( help please

2014-10-26, 16:47:58
Reply #337

bouhmidage

• Active Users
  • Open for any architectural freelance work
    • View Profile
    • Kam studio

2014-10-27, 10:37:18
Reply #338

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hello everyone and thank you so much to the author of this converter. I wanted to ask, but you can add one more feature that disables all full filtering textures. Simply switch the filtration mode NONE, it would be very simplified and speeded up the work.

Hi

I make use of the "cleaner" script by Andreas Meissner. It removes Texture filtering and a lot more.
You can find it at http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner

2014-10-27, 11:13:36
Reply #339

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
material converter 0.22 does not convert forest pack and laubwerk materals correctly , it doesn't aplly alpha map , so leaves are rendered as colored surface :( help please

Can you send me an original material before conversion? Just a simple scene, no objects but the necessary maps would be sufficient.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-10-27, 18:05:40
Reply #340

fafaniruzik

• Users
    • View Profile
Is there a converter for VRay lights?

2014-10-27, 18:29:54
Reply #341

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep... it has is own thread.
Coronal Ligth converter.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,79.0.html

But it has some issues.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-11-02, 18:46:54
Reply #342

Gilgamesh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

thanks for this great tool. In the previous version 0.20 there was an option to convert selected object, selected material editor slot and all materials. I have some big scenes and actually it takes quite a long time if i convert all materials at once, so i prefer to convert in groups. I've noticed that in version 0.22 these options are gone. It would be good to see them back, or is there an alternative to do this?

Best Regards
Halil

2014-11-02, 20:27:58
Reply #343

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It was removed because some people were complaining that materials were not properly converted sometimes - due to usage of the selection modes. What people did not understand is that they only converted materials but no maps. That was on purpose and that's why they were marked as "debug" modes, to test how conversion works. If those modes also converted maps it would either convert maps from other unselected materials or simply break all instancing between other materials, both is bad and undesired under normal circumstances (more ram, slower, etc). So, since it didn't make much sense to use those modes as a normal user and to avoid confusion, I removed the debug modes.

How long does it take to convert a scene? It shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds, even with hundreds of materials. If not it might be a bug and I'd like to investigate this issue further.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-11-02, 21:54:31
Reply #344

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
It was removed because some people were complaining that materials were not properly converted sometimes - due to usage of the selection modes. What people did not understand is that they only converted materials but no maps. That was on purpose and that's why they were marked as "debug" modes, to test how conversion works. If those modes also converted maps it would either convert maps from other unselected materials or simply break all instancing between other materials, both is bad and undesired under normal circumstances (more ram, slower, etc). So, since it didn't make much sense to use those modes as a normal user and to avoid confusion, I removed the debug modes.

How long does it take to convert a scene? It shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds, even with hundreds of materials. If not it might be a bug and I'd like to investigate this issue further.

I will agree that converting a whole scene sometimes takes a bit longer than it probably should. Also I preferred the one by one method as some material conversions would cause MAX to crash (mostly in incidents where normal maps are used and need to be replaced with CoronaNormalTex). I ran into 4 of those instances with converting Grant Warwick's materials, though I was using the v19 script, so the last couple of updates might have resolved the normal bug. Also sometimes I don't want or need all materials to be converted.