Author Topic: Scene insanely heavy  (Read 1521 times)

2017-12-15, 10:24:04

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Hi,
there is any way to understand which model are increasing the size of the file max?
ì'm pretty sure that is some furniture model that i have imported from cad supplier format, the problema is that i've al ot of this file in my scene....how can i find it?

thanks
Fat biker bounce better

2017-12-15, 11:02:24
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
For starters i would try to clean max scene from invisible garbage, that could be infested your file. There are tons of scripts for that. If that wouldn't help, you can try to save temporary copy of the scene and start deleting most suspicious offenders one by one and save scene after each delete. Watch file size and it should tell which object is contributing the most to the file size.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-12-15, 12:30:55
Reply #2

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We had a coder in our company and she wrote me a script which chooses the most smalles objects and helpers.
That way I can remove nuts and bolts easily.
Also, if I have a super mega heavy object, which doesnt need to be so detailed, I usually add a MultiRes-mod.
With that I remove ~50% vertices, maybe even more if the object stays ok. (sometimes need to add a Normal-mod too after it).
After removing I convert to poly so the modifiers are removed.

2017-12-16, 19:21:44
Reply #3

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you are using 3ds max there is a sort limit of objects after which things kinda get slow. Arround 7000 objects it gets real slow.
Also if I have objects with a lot of modifiers / history,  that will also be bigger.