Author Topic: Residential Housing Project (Germany)  (Read 3486 times)

2017-11-20, 21:30:50

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hello everyone,

These are some exterior renders of smaller residential developement project I've done for the german client last week. What do you guys think?
Btw, could you guess what car is parked in the garage?:) There may be also some interior renders following so I'll update when ready.

Thanks for your attention and any comments on improvement are welcomed) Have a good week!

Street view:

Garden view:

//UPDATE

Interior view:

« Last Edit: 2017-11-27, 03:26:14 by David Males »

2017-11-21, 08:57:05
Reply #1

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very nice

Andrea

2017-11-21, 15:02:06
Reply #2

sebastian_b

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Like it as usually David :) simple and clean, maybe the sky it's a bit too desaturated (?), even I know you used to desaturate some of your works in this way. I paid atention to the second image, and the foliage in the right up corner have some white edges ^^ (I don't know the car's name, I like the doggo)

2017-11-22, 16:45:49
Reply #3

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Like it as usually David :) simple and clean, maybe the sky it's a bit too desaturated (?), even I know you used to desaturate some of your works in this way. I paid atention to the second image, and the foliage in the right up corner have some white edges ^^ (I don't know the car's name, I like the doggo)

Thank you guys!:) It would be a bit less clean if it was up to me, but clients in these residential projects always desire that clean look for the advertisement purposes.. I desaturate the sky a little bit subconciously, probably so the building itself come up .. That has to do also with the white borders you mentioned, I actually forgot to adjust it :D The cause is I changed the original sky from the HDRI, that had a little bit higher exposure in that area.. (and corona has a little bit of issues with these edges  on alpha layer when some harder DOF is applied, but easily fixed in PS)

The car is actually Skoda as well (Kodiaq in the back), model Monte Carlo :) Such car you wouldn't actually expect to be a Skoda .. :D  (http://isthat.info/uploads/skoda/skoda-popular/skoda-popular-05.jpg)

2017-11-23, 14:50:32
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, those are some incredibly realistic exteriors! What HDRI did you use for the exterior lighting (did you desaturate it at all, looks really clean and no overbearing blue hue) and which model packs for the greenery?
Vray who?

2017-11-24, 14:08:46
Reply #5

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Wow, those are some incredibly realistic exteriors! What HDRI did you use for the exterior lighting (did you desaturate it at all, looks really clean and no overbearing blue hue) and which model packs for the greenery?

Thank you for your kind words!) Still lot of improvement can be done but well maybe slowly getting there:) The HDRI is from viz people I think, with some color adjustments made in PS (desaturation, added color for the weak ground reflections etc) .. The HDRI is basically used mostly for some soft shadows and general atmosphere. The reflections are from the backplates I've placed in the actual 3d file .. Then there is Corona Sun matched to the HDRI to make some stronger shadows and easier control of the sun intensity ..

The greenery comes from various packs I've obtained over the time ..  Some from evermotion, some from CGAxis .. then some newer ones from talented individuals like dartstellungart .. But well most of it always need some texture and material adjustments .. 

2017-11-27, 16:22:04
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info! Thought it might have been edited due to how clean and white the lighting is.
Vray who?