Author Topic: Particle flow vertex color  (Read 3774 times)

2015-06-26, 15:03:46

julobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello corona addicts :)

I'm trying to get color from a texture to change the vertex color of the particles.
As you can see it's working in scanline render but renders black particles in corona.
As vertex color is supposed to work in corona, I'm wondering if it's a bug or if the particle flow support in Corona is not complete for the moment.

PS: sorry for my english

2015-06-26, 18:07:25
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for showing me a window I have never seen before (data operator). It looks unsupported, but I am not 100% sure. In fact, I am not even 10% sure. Ondra should be able to answer soon. 
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-30, 17:08:39
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, I looked at it, and what it does is impossible to do with instancing. I could put in a switch to disable instancing for particle flow, in case this is very important, otherwise, this will remain an unsupported feature
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-07-01, 10:08:16
Reply #3

julobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok I was trying to replicate how multiscatter  or forest works, so instancing IS important ;-)
I think it would be a good feature to add to corona scatter (get color from distribution surface).
We can add variation with multimap but it's too random, using a map produces more realistic results.

2015-07-01, 14:48:14
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, that is doable in the future.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-12-28, 13:23:15
Reply #5

Naxos

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Ondra,

I was testing some vertex color stuff for a specialFX with Pflow (see pictures), and it seams that Corona5 is not yet compatible with VertexColorMap.

It renders in scanline, in vRay, but stays black in Corona5.

Attached is the max file, if needed.

Best regards.