Author Topic: CoronaMultiMap not showing in CmaskingID render element  (Read 2123 times)

2017-10-27, 09:50:03

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The CoronaMultimap does not show in the CmaskingID render element when set on MaterialID. I would expect the different ID's to show in the same manner as if I would have put a "proper" MultiSub Material on the object.
right?

2017-10-27, 10:18:52
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
CMasking_ID shows random colors on objects based on the various ID. I do not think it has anything to do with the currently applied multimap, multisub, or any other material. Maybe I misunderstand your question. Can you explain it further, preferably with some examples?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-27, 10:23:49
Reply #2

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just try this:

one object with multisub material
one object with one material with multimap

render maskingId set on material ID

2017-10-31, 14:12:03
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this what you meant? Are you getting the same results?
Isn't this expected? You have only one material assigned to the multimap object. The same thing happens if the multimap is not attached, for example when rendering with a single CoronaMtl only.
In the first case you have multiple materials assigned to the object. In the second case, only one material.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-31, 14:20:21
Reply #4

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is not expected indeed. well by me. I think it should work with multimap as well. Why else would we be having a multimap. Multimap = MaterialID MaskingID = MaterialID so yeah it would make totally sense