Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149538 times)

2021-10-22, 09:48:50
Reply #195

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I'm sorry to post this without any evidence, but I'm just reaching out in case this is a known issue:

Has anyone else experienced bad render quality after switching to the latest daily (15/10/2021)?

I updated from daily 06/09/2021 and immediately noticed two interior scenes I was working on became very very splotchy (light leaks and dark spots in corners). I didn't have time to fuck around as I had deadlines (I know it's not advised to be updating mid-project but Corona is usually so damn stable that it's often tempting) so I reverted back to Sept 06 version and all is fine again.

I'm asking as I'd like to upgrade again (decals has me hooked already) but don't want to mess around again with poor quality. Is this a known issue somehow or has anyone else reported such findings?

Thanks.
Hi,

The light leaks and splotches should have been fixed in the build from 15/10/2021. Maybe you will need to regenerate any secondary GI caches.

If you are still experiencing issues please let me know, and if possible submit a scene so we can investigate.

Rowan

Ah! Great to hear. My bad, I actually installed daily Oct 12, not 15 as I said. So should be all good.

Thanks mate.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-10-22, 11:42:32
Reply #196

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Quick test with the new Caustics include/exclude: These are all the Caustics element:

Great progress! But some thoughts and issues:

As you can see the caustics are significantly reduced on all objects not in the "include" list (the pool geometry/water etc.), but they're actually still receiving caustics, if you look at the exposure-cranked versions on the right. I think this might be because they are still appearing on reflective objects? So in other words all those other objects that are excluded might not be DIRECTLY receiving caustics but they are still indirectly reflecting them maybe. I think this is not ideal as really the point is to exclude them totally as a visual control.

Also since this is working through include/exclude list it doesn't work at all through XREFs which is a productivity/management killer. Ideally this would work through GBuffer ID and Layer system.

Rendertimes were pretty much identical with/without exclusions (which is expected I guess, but not ideal).
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-10-22, 12:11:14
Reply #197

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Quick test with the new Caustics include/exclude: These are all the Caustics element:

Great progress! But some thoughts and issues:

As you can see the caustics are significantly reduced on all objects not in the "include" list (the pool geometry/water etc.), but they're actually still receiving caustics, if you look at the exposure-cranked versions on the right. I think this might be because they are still appearing on reflective objects? So in other words all those other objects that are excluded might not be DIRECTLY receiving caustics but they are still indirectly reflecting them maybe. I think this is not ideal as really the point is to exclude them totally as a visual control.

Also since this is working through include/exclude list it doesn't work at all through XREFs which is a productivity/management killer. Ideally this would work through GBuffer ID and Layer system.

Rendertimes were pretty much identical with/without exclusions (which is expected I guess, but not ideal).

Hi Alex

Perhaps this is similar to what I raised a while back.  I noticed Caustics we still calculated even when turned off - perhaps the same thing/similar to what you're seeing here?  Here's the thread with responses from devs https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=31655.msg178961#msg178961

2021-10-22, 12:22:28
Reply #198

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I think it could be that, yeh. Although I think with an exclude you'd definitely expect and need it to act the way you would expect, i.e. be truly black/null. Hopefully the devs can find a solution, even a hacky one :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-10-22, 16:29:00
Reply #199

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did anybody notice unusual freezing when rendering is on and you try to interact with VFB? I'm using Oct 12 build and i start to get those freezes very often, somthing that almost never happened before. At the moment i don't have time to roll back to v7 and see if the issue would be gone, but i thought i will ask on the forum if anyone else having similar issues.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-10-23, 12:13:07
Reply #200

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did anybody notice unusual freezing when rendering is on and you try to interact with VFB? I'm using Oct 12 build and i start to get those freezes very often, somthing that almost never happened before. At the moment i don't have time to roll back to v7 and see if the issue would be gone, but i thought i will ask on the forum if anyone else having similar issues.

same with latest daily build, and DR rendering, especially with it receiving passes. on th epositive the compute ris no longer stuttering.

2021-10-24, 01:38:48
Reply #201

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

same with latest daily build, and DR rendering, especially with it receiving passes. on th epositive the compute ris no longer stuttering.

This is something that me and someone else already logged here and this is the reason I am not using the 2 last daily builds unfortunately.
I hope it ca be fixed soon.

2021-10-24, 11:27:09
Reply #202

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm too hoping for a prompt fix.

Request: Corona decals are not accessible through search 3ds max commands tool, default keyboard shortcut X. Please address it. And i think it would be nice if create decal button would be added to Corona toolbar.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-10-24, 18:07:02
Reply #203

larry3d

• Users
    • View Profile
I have 3dmax freezes during interactive rendering. When I switch between cameras or just go to the material editor

2021-10-25, 09:30:27
Reply #204

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I think it could be that, yeh. Although I think with an exclude you'd definitely expect and need it to act the way you would expect, i.e. be truly black/null. Hopefully the devs can find a solution, even a hacky one :)
Hi Alex,

Thanks for bringing this up. We'll look into it :)

Rowan.
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-10-25, 09:33:36
Reply #205

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have 3dmax freezes during interactive rendering. When I switch between cameras or just go to the material editor
Hi Guys,

I haven't noticed this. Can you send over a scene where this is reproduceable?

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-10-25, 09:34:06
Reply #206

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Request: Corona decals are not accessible through search 3ds max commands tool, default keyboard shortcut X. Please address it. And i think it would be nice if create decal button would be added to Corona toolbar.
Will log this, thanks :)
Send me your scene!

2021-10-25, 22:21:38
Reply #207

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If the topic has already gone about Caustics, they began to notice empty squares.

2021-10-27, 14:46:57
Reply #208

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Larry3d,

Can you send this scene over to us?

Instructions on how to do so can be found in my signature.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-10-29, 16:33:42
Reply #209

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, any news about Tone Mapping? :)