Author Topic: Slow material editor - C4D  (Read 16994 times)

2016-12-05, 11:09:01
Reply #15

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any news about this bug (slow&freezing material editor)? I ask because we simply can't/won't use vrayfor4D anymore!
Even with the latest Corona4D-a6-rc4-windows is nothing better.
Hi, the crashing of material editor should be fixed now, please see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14009.msg90874.html#msg90874.

Thanks for fast reply! :)
My CoronaforC4D doesn't crash. We have insane (from 30sec to 2min) slow&freezing material editor, no matter what I click (add tex map, change glossiness or. name of the material,etc...)..CPU jump to 100% and C4D freeze or it lasts 1min + to update preview. Even if I import new material or from library, the same thing happens.
It is the same with the latest version Corona for C4D Alpha 6 RC4 yesterday (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7g1HtV8lD7gWVBKVDhUUk9pYVE).
It looks like I'm not the only one with this problem :)FB link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207698267439760&set=gm.718590251623875&type=3&theater

Would it be possible to connect to your computer to find the cause of this bug?

2016-12-05, 11:37:40
Reply #16

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Is there any news about this bug (slow&freezing material editor)? I ask because we simply can't/won't use vrayfor4D anymore!
Even with the latest Corona4D-a6-rc4-windows is nothing better.
Hi, the crashing of material editor should be fixed now, please see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14009.msg90874.html#msg90874.

Thanks for fast reply! :)
My CoronaforC4D doesn't crash. We have insane (from 30sec to 2min) slow&freezing material editor, no matter what I click (add tex map, change glossiness or. name of the material,etc...)..CPU jump to 100% and C4D freeze or it lasts 1min + to update preview. Even if I import new material or from library, the same thing happens.
It is the same with the latest version Corona for C4D Alpha 6 RC4 yesterday (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7g1HtV8lD7gWVBKVDhUUk9pYVE).
It looks like I'm not the only one with this problem :)FB link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207698267439760&set=gm.718590251623875&type=3&theater

Would it be possible to connect to your computer to find the cause of this bug?

if it is possible to do "connection" tomorrow, because today I'm flying around clients?
Please see video on link with our problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o342juhvrsmyhq/Corona%20bug%201.mp4?dl=0

And this is from Log in Cinema4D:

===== Error(-11) =====
An internal error occured: wxWidgets Assertion failure. Please report this problem to us.
File: ..\..\src\msw\textmeasure.cpp(64)
Function: wxTextMeasure::BeginMeasuring
Condition: m_hdc

===== Error(-11) =====
An internal error occured: wxWidgets Assertion failure. Please report this problem to us.

===== Error(-11) =====

===== Error(-11) =====

2016-12-05, 12:25:10
Reply #17

machmirdenlukas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i had same Problem years ago with vray for c4d...
the Problem was too many texturesearch-paths in Preference...

i could reproduce this lag with corona now... if i delete the paths...everything´s smooth...
hope this helps...
cheerz rob

2016-12-05, 12:34:18
Reply #18

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
i had same Problem years ago with vray for c4d...
the Problem was too many texturesearch-paths in Preference...

i could reproduce this lag with corona now... if i delete the paths...everything´s smooth...
hope this helps...
cheerz rob

I tried to delete and there's not any difference :(

2016-12-05, 12:40:06
Reply #19

machmirdenlukas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hmm...it was worth a try....;)
maybe for others this might help...
cheerz rob

2016-12-05, 17:14:18
Reply #20

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirming same behavior. 
A6 rc 4 (core 1.5 (hotfix 2)) with C4D R17.055 (win7)

+ another one spotted: Material Manager Preview does wrong with gamma: Preview Icons are darker!

EDIT:
got informed, there's no such bug/behavior on R18.028
Anyone can confirm or refute?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-05, 21:30:24 by burnin »

2016-12-06, 09:29:08
Reply #21

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Confirming same behavior. 
A6 rc 4 (core 1.5 (hotfix 2)) with C4D R17.055 (win7)

+ another one spotted: Material Manager Preview does wrong with gamma: Preview Icons are darker!

EDIT:
got informed, there's no such bug/behavior on R18.028
Anyone can confirm or refute?

No, it's also on R18...it seems we are cursed, at least I'm :)
So I have to move to office, if I want to work....it seems the problem is only on a home computer.

2016-12-06, 11:48:19
Reply #22

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
We solved the problem! The best Bday ever :))
Nikolat Corona dev team thank you afor your time!

Problem that cause problems with freezing and slow material preview was some Lavasoft software for Google Chrome.

2016-12-06, 11:57:24
Reply #23

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
We solved the problem! The best Bday ever :))
Nikolat Corona dev team thank you for your time!

Problem that cause problems with freezing and slow material preview was some Lavasoft software for Google Chrome.

2016-12-06, 14:52:55
Reply #24

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Today we fixed the problem on minimaldesign - Blaž's computer simply by uninstalling LavaSoft Web Companion tool. This tool injected remote thread to Corona and this "alien" thread caused the freezes of the material preview. So everyone who has the problem with slow/freezing material preview, do you use some security/anti-virus software? Because these anti-spywer tools behave like spyware sometimes ...

2016-12-10, 23:33:20
Reply #25

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info... but have no such tools installed.

So, since RC5 was released into the wilderness, i took the time & went hunting.

"What kind of beast is there and where could it hide?"

To my surprise it was pretty effortless & obvious, once i peeked into the running services and processes.
It turned out to be Windows Update service (wuauserv) ran by svchost.exe.
Found it almost instantly by looking at the CPU usage in Task Manager, while poking Hue on the Material Editor.
Then it flashed me. Had same problems, but even worse slowdowns while using Maxwell 3 (there, by now is a well known issue :).
So i stopped the service... ... ... ... been clicking on Hue values for the last 5minutes... ... all material previews are refreshing smoothly (~1s).

Happy & off to wipe the dance floor :D

PS
Also "wrong gamma bug" was my bad. Am not involved with cinema anymore, only once in a while as i help out, otherwise my head is in a blender with nodes and occasionally pulling strings in houdini... so it's easy to oversee some of the spices in between.

Wish you all well, good drinks, food & lots of celebrations!
« Last Edit: 2016-12-10, 23:39:35 by burnin »

2016-12-19, 09:20:58
Reply #26

Yaseck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Windows update helped my material editor a bit. For now it works faster. We'll see for how long.

2016-12-20, 17:55:26
Reply #27

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info... but have no such tools installed.

So, since RC5 was released into the wilderness, i took the time & went hunting.

"What kind of beast is there and where could it hide?"

To my surprise it was pretty effortless & obvious, once i peeked into the running services and processes.
It turned out to be Windows Update service (wuauserv) ran by svchost.exe.
Found it almost instantly by looking at the CPU usage in Task Manager, while poking Hue on the Material Editor.
Then it flashed me. Had same problems, but even worse slowdowns while using Maxwell 3 (there, by now is a well known issue :).
So i stopped the service... ... ... ... been clicking on Hue values for the last 5minutes... ... all material previews are refreshing smoothly (~1s).

Happy & off to wipe the dance floor :D

PS
Also "wrong gamma bug" was my bad. Am not involved with cinema anymore, only once in a while as i help out, otherwise my head is in a blender with nodes and occasionally pulling strings in houdini... so it's easy to oversee some of the spices in between.

Wish you all well, good drinks, food & lots of celebrations!
Hi, thank you for testing the Corona. Good observation, what version of Windows do you use?

2016-12-20, 19:50:20
Reply #28

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
^w7 x64 pro