Author Topic: Material related question  (Read 730 times)

2024-01-27, 19:51:47

realYuri

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

I wanted to get some help/advice on how I would approach creating this material for my license plate model. The main issue I am having with is recreating the normal flakes from the reference photo. For some reason the triplanar is not scaling the flakes down. I'm not even sure if I should be using flakes to create this material. Would really love for the plate to be as realistic as possible.

Thanks!

2024-01-29, 07:24:29
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there,

I just used a single mtl instead of a layered one. I'm sure there are many ways to do it. I wasn't able to recreate the non-scaling of the texture though. Perhaps you can share your scene with us?

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-02-04, 19:45:53
Reply #2

realYuri

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seeing the example is super helpful! I totally forgot about the round edges node. I've made progress on the plate material on my own, however, this setup looks super elegant.

Attached is the scene file containing the plate. I had a car model was purchased, so it was excluded from the scene. If you don't mind, I would love to have some input on the car paint shader. It should be under the "exteriorBody" layer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vA1MIc5yorOtRYYtpd--QY9KA5V-cCBf/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!