Author Topic: Corona render for Cinema 4d and Displacement map?  (Read 3712 times)

2020-11-17, 07:45:26

avre001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Real-time render for Cinema 4d does not work well with Displacement maps, if you make any change in this map, then the changes are not displayed in real time, you need to reload the render again. Is a fix for this error expected? And is support for the hardware capabilities of the Nvidia or AMD video card expected?

2020-11-19, 07:28:08
Reply #1

avre001

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-11-19, 08:18:54
Reply #2

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
It's not an error. It's the way displacement in IR works.

What do u mean about Nvidia or amd video card ?

2020-11-21, 16:41:29
Reply #3

avre001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it expected to support the processor of the video card itself? In particular, a video card chip from AMD? I work for iMac and I have an AMD Radeon video card, and I am wondering, should I expect such support?

2020-11-22, 13:33:56
Reply #4

avre001

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-11-23, 07:09:30
Reply #5

jankarl

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=31559.0 same topic to thread I just posted, corona is a good engine but it's lacking a lot o stuff in terms of workflow, main reason it's not my main engine, good luck though.

2020-11-23, 10:11:42
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is it expected to support the processor of the video card itself? In particular, a video card chip from AMD? I work for iMac and I have an AMD Radeon video card, and I am wondering, should I expect such support?

No, you shouldn't. Corona does not use GPU for rendering. At the moment, the only thing that Corona uses GPU for, is real-time AI denoiser, but that's only applicable to Nvidia GPUs.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-11-23, 14:03:40
Reply #7

avre001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, you shouldn't. Corona does not use GPU for rendering. At the moment, the only thing that Corona uses GPU for, is real-time AI denoiser, but that's only applicable to Nvidia GPUs.

When will the video cards work? How long to wait?

2020-11-23, 15:20:24
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no plans to implement GPU rendering at this time, so do not wait :) Hardware architecture for GPUs remains different which means it introduces limitations which means Corona wouldn't be Corona any more (as in, "it just works") - see https://corona-renderer.com/features/proudly-cpu-based
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-11-23, 18:54:02
Reply #9

avre001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no plans to implement GPU rendering at this time, so do not wait :) Hardware architecture for GPUs remains different which means it introduces limitations which means Corona wouldn't be Corona any more (as in, "it just works") - see https://corona-renderer.com/features/proudly-cpu-based
In this case, I will buy myself an NVidia video card and switch to another render. For me, time is an important criterion ...
And why am I just paying you ..?