Author Topic: Alpha v4  (Read 31396 times)

2015-10-05, 14:19:57
Reply #30

drevin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree

2015-10-05, 18:01:41
Reply #31

pipino003

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
I have got a problem with v4. previous version works fine. When I start render, it just write "preparing scena data.." and no more. When I try stop render my c4d stop working and freeze.
C4D R15.008

Any solution?
Thx

2015-10-06, 03:32:18
Reply #32

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, here is summary for few problems mentioned here

1. Bumpmapping - the changes in bumpmapping were done to address previous reports that it was too strong and also its strength was inconsistent with various types of shaders (for example different behaviour between texture and texture under layer shader). As of now, it should be providing the same effect as bumpmapping in normal C4D renderer - in fact, it is using same algorithm as C4D does. If you have some scene where you believe bumpmapping is really too weak (in comparison with the same shader in C4D renderer), please let me know (relevant bug is at https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=1330).

2. IR - please keep in mind that this is only initial version of IR. It is one of the things I am currently working on and I hope to fix most of the bugs here during next few daily-build releases.

3. Texture mapping in render preview - Ok, you are right this shouldn't get to public release. I am fixing it right now for next daily build...

4. Distributed rendering - I cannot promise when the proper distributed rendering will be added, but I will try to add at least support for team render in A5...

Cheers,
Aleš

2015-10-06, 03:33:29
Reply #33

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Errors found:
1. Crazy slow render with SSS material
2. Material mapping
3. Material preview is useless "cubic texture effect"
4. Render instance doesn't work with IR, etc... or crashes Cinema4D R16
5. HDRi don't work with sky object
6. Bump problems
7. etc... :))))
....we're going back to the good old and stable A3 version :)

p.s. "testers got it. If everything goes well, expect A4 next week"....I wonder, what they test :P

1. I will re-check this, but I hadn't any performance problems with my own testing scenes. Could you provide some scene?
2. I am not sure what you mean by this?
3. Sorry for this one, see previous post.
4. Like I said in previous post, IR is still in early state, but have tested instancing in IR (in fact, lot of my testing scenes for IR have instances). Again, do you thing you could provide some problematic scene?
5. You mean in IR? I had some reports of problems in IR, but not in normal rendering.
6. See previous post.

Cheers,
Aleš

2015-10-06, 03:36:58
Reply #34

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
I have got a problem with v4. previous version works fine. When I start render, it just write "preparing scena data.." and no more. When I try stop render my c4d stop working and freeze.
C4D R15.008

Any solution?
Thx

Hi,
could you send me the problematic scene?

Cheers,
Aleš

2015-10-06, 17:29:25
Reply #35

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Errors found:
1. Crazy slow render with SSS material
2. Material mapping
3. Material preview is useless "cubic texture effect"
4. Render instance doesn't work with IR, etc... or crashes Cinema4D R16
5. HDRi don't work with sky object
6. Bump problems
7. etc... :))))
....we're going back to the good old and stable A3 version :)

p.s. "testers got it. If everything goes well, expect A4 next week"....I wonder, what they test :P

1. I will re-check this, but I hadn't any performance problems with my own testing scenes. Could you provide some scene?
2. I am not sure what you mean by this?
3. Sorry for this one, see previous post.
4. Like I said in previous post, IR is still in early state, but have tested instancing in IR (in fact, lot of my testing scenes for IR have instances). Again, do you thing you could provide some problematic scene?
5. You mean in IR? I had some reports of problems in IR, but not in normal rendering.
6. See previous post.

Cheers,
Aleš

Aleš,
no hard feelings! ;) here you go...please see attachment (Here is the problem with instance with IR)
I hope you manage to solve the errors of this marvelous software ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-10-07, 06:13:48 by minimaldesign - Blaž »

2015-10-07, 18:17:55
Reply #36

pipino003

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
C4D R15.008

Any solution?
Thx

Hi,
could you send me the problematic scene?

Cheers,
Aleš

Hello, it is on every scene.. just one object, corona sun, corona render setting on default..

2015-10-08, 16:07:28
Reply #37

sennenorochi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there! Congrats on the amazing work you're doing with corona in general and corona for c4d in particular...
I'm currently having a bit of an issue with light portals and A4...They were working perfectly fine in A3 but they now render as regular white planes, effectively stopping the light from entering the scene.
I don't know if this is a problem that's only occuring to me as it seems that it hasn't been mentioned before on the forums - or if it's a real bug.
Also: is there any way to redownload A3 as it seemed to work better for me?

Thanks a lot

Alessandro

2015-10-08, 16:22:58
Reply #38

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

2015-10-08, 16:42:15
Reply #39

sennenorochi

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much!!!
Super appreciated :D

2015-10-12, 08:33:56
Reply #40

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ales, is it possible to get a hot fix for the material preview ball mapping? That seems to be the only major issue I'm experiencing. You said something about the daily builds, do we need to apply directly for this? Really loving corona, thanks for all your hard work on it.

2015-10-13, 07:50:49
Reply #41

mp5gosu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ales, is it possible to get a hot fix for the material preview ball mapping? That seems to be the only major issue I'm experiencing. You said something about the daily builds, do we need to apply directly for this? Really loving corona, thanks for all your hard work on it.

If you are willing to report bugs frequently and leave continously leave valuable feedback, then yes - you should probably apply for dailies. ;)

2015-10-14, 15:21:17
Reply #42

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news time plan from fixed bugs version of Alpha v4?

2015-10-14, 16:50:15
Reply #43

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Any news time plan from fixed bugs version of Alpha v4?

We will discuss it tomorrow
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-10-22, 19:12:38
Reply #44

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
looks like development is stoped atm :(
« Last Edit: 2015-11-13, 13:23:51 by Jaycop »