Author Topic: Cinema 4d archviz  (Read 1381 times)

2022-10-07, 19:45:29

ChrisJones75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey

Bit of a lame topic I guess, but is there a specific reason I don't see many, if any, social posts of archviz that's been created in Cinema?
FWIW, I use Blender for about 65 / 75% of my modelling, then bring it into Cinema so I can use the wonderful Corona render. I've even got a 3080 that's rarely used as I can't see anything better than Corona for interiors (VRay aside). Anyway, I digress. I think Cinema and Corona are matched perfectly, they are so easy to use and get great results fast. I see Max users bitching often about how they hate Max but use it just for Corona. So I wonder why they don't just do what I do and use Cinema just for Corona?

Chris

2022-10-07, 20:04:56
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most posts in the Corona for C4D third-party Facebook are archviz (https://www.facebook.com/groups/328706397278931 ). We share them on social media on our main FB page too, though we don't always say whether it's Max or C4D (the artists don't always say :) ).

As to those who may complain but not move from other software, this is often due to a long-established workflow which includes plugins for that specific software, and large libraries of assets built up over time again dedicated to that software. It can be very hard to move DCC if you have established yourself for any length of time with one in particular.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-07, 22:09:33
Reply #2

ChrisJones75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response. You've helped me out a couple of times over on the FB group! I was reluctant to ask this question on FB as social media can turn obviously genuine questions into a battle of opinions. I'm after anecdotal evidence I suppose.

I guess it's got a lot to do with established pipelines as you alluded to. I would hazard a guess that more beginners pick up Cinema and Blender than Max, so I suppose that in part answers the question in some way. You could deduce that to be a Max user is to be in a profession, or just left college, whereas Cinema and Blender are more attractive prospects judging by user forums, socials etc.

Cinema's modelling toolset isn't as forward-thinking as Blender and Max's, but the staging, the interface and for me the Corona integration make it an essential part of my toolbox. FWIW, if Chaos supported Blender and made a good renderer I'd not have much reason to use Cinema...

2022-10-07, 22:35:08
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You are welcome Chris! The other factor is that Corona has been available for Max for quite a few years longer, so it has had more time to build up archviz users on the Max side of things, which will also sway the balance on social media for what we see. Of course, we'd love to see more Corona in C4D all over any social media platform, so I hope everyone is sharing there and showing the world what they can do with their chosen software! ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-10, 10:37:56
Reply #4

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we use c4d and corona for archviz since long time (here and there also vray), and i know quite several others that do so too.
it is a quite perfect match :)

beside the corona engine, which i think is most used for archviz, there are also others are using v-ray for archviz on c4d,
more rare octane or rs.

cheers
Stefan