Author Topic: new lic questions  (Read 1364 times)

2022-04-13, 20:42:33

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi
before i really use the new v8 with all machines in productions, some clarification on the new lic server use would be fine:

1) i am worried what happens if internet has an temporal outage;
how long can the office be without internet before corona will stop working (in case of internet issues), V-ray had been very strict  in that regard in past, hope that is improved with new chaos license server versions, like it needs only every 12h or 24h  a connection to the  internet or the like, before it all stops working.

2) or do i need to use the "borrow lic system from chaos to ensure 1)? i hope not, so that the regular system allows some downtime of the internet in default setup?

thanks for infos!
best
Stefan

2022-04-13, 21:27:32
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello,

Here are the answers:

1) i am worried what happens if internet has an temporal outage;
how long can the office be without internet before corona will stop working (in case of internet issues), V-ray had been very strict  in that regard in past, hope that is improved with new chaos license server versions, like it needs only every 12h or 24h  a connection to the  internet or the like, before it all stops working.
Please see: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4913815623057-What-happens-if-I-lose-my-internet-connection-during-rendering-

2) or do i need to use the "borrow lic system from chaos to ensure 1)? i hope not, so that the regular system allows some downtime of the internet in default setup?
If you need to restart your host software or activate your license while being offline, you can (but do not "need" to) borrow the license for offline usage. Please see:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020330337-Do-I-need-to-have-Internet-access-to-use-Chaos-products-
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us