Author Topic: Node Material Editor Bug  (Read 1169 times)

2021-06-24, 14:45:17

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

I have noticed a problem with NODE MATERIAL EDITOR. When I edit a material there and delete some branch of bitmap fxp. bitmap for displacement it doesn't actually delete the material in the normal material editor. This can then cause, that the object witrh the material is not rendered.

Please try to fix this. Thanks guys.

2021-06-24, 19:59:52
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

this is partly by design; hitting Delete will hide the nodes, but maintain the connection, hitting Shift+Delete will delete the nodes/materials (general changes to the document) - This is a limitation from C4D that we worked around in this way (hints to this are written in the right-click menu).

What piqued my interest is "This can then cause that the object with the material is not rendered". This is something that's been bothering us for some time now, can you reproduce this consistently? If so, could you shoot a short video for us and/or provide a scene with steps to reproduce this? It would help us immensely.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-06-29, 13:55:51
Reply #2

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

here is the scene. I think there is no need fot the video. You should see it yourself when you open it.

I have a question. To whom can I write a few suggestions to make Corona more user friendly? Thank you.

Best regards

2021-06-29, 14:18:14
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can write suggestions here on the forum :) https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=38.0 is the correct place for that.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us