Author Topic: Render Region and Team Render  (Read 3232 times)

2018-08-22, 19:11:03

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I couldn't find this posted anywhere, so I'll do it here. If this is a known issue then by all means delete this post. This issue if very repeatable.

So a friend of mine was working on a somewhat complex scene and wanted to fix a strange result on one side of the animation. This scene does not use Denoising, only many render passes. To speed up a re-render by a significant amount of time, he tried to use the Render Region option. Everything worked as planned until TeamRender was introduced. As you can in this sequence of images, the Team Render result is useless. The only thing that is close to correct is the overall lighting in the scene. I tried with an HDRI lighting the scene, with a Corona Sky and with a Corona Sun. Same issues.

Again, I haven't seen where this is already mentioned here or on the roadmap page. Sorry if this is old news.

2018-08-23, 11:02:02
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
What the actual coitus!? This shouldn't definitely happen (appart from the foreground object - that is unsupported by Corona as of now).

Even if you say that the problem is replicable, can you share the scene, nevertheless? It will save us time and maybe there's something that you set up automatically, but we don't in our internal testing scenes.

Thank you!

2018-08-23, 17:12:59
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I forgot to save that scene, so I made a similar one and the same issues appear. Very repeatable. As an added test, I did this experiment with an older project using standard C4D materials and the Physical renderer. Everything rendered as expected. No issues at all with Team Render. I wanted to make sure this wasn't a Maxon issue so you didn't waste time looking for a bug that you can't fix.

I really hope this helps you. I don't use this feature often, but it would be nice to know it is working if I do need it again. Thanks and keep Corona moving forward!

2018-08-28, 16:29:33
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks for the scene, it helped us a lot!

A fix is done and will be included in one of the future daily builds.

2018-08-28, 19:47:06
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That'a great. I'm glad I've been able to help a little along the way. Any word on the Team Render and Motion Blur problems I've posted about?

2018-08-29, 17:21:59
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2018-08-29, 17:33:51
Reply #6

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that's the one. Just wanted to make sure you saw that. That could be a major issue for using Corona in a professional pipeline. Thanks.

2018-08-29, 17:37:33
Reply #7

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile