Author Topic: override material exclusion by material  (Read 8164 times)

2017-01-31, 11:12:48

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dont think this is currently possible but if not.. Currently we can exclude objects from the override material function but it would be really handy to have exclude material from over ride. Im thinking glass material in a white model, rather than having to select every object with glass on.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2017-01-31, 11:20:31 by Rhodesy »

2017-01-31, 11:26:54
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Agreed. V-Ray for c4d has this sorted out beautifully for me personally. You can exclude a specific material right from the material editor. Would be cool :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-01-31, 16:29:27
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Good feature request. It was already requested for 3ds Max, so we will probably have it at some point, but I think it is ok to leave it here. It was one of the things we discussed with the attendees of Corona Academy 01. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-31, 17:13:59
Reply #3

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great. Looking forward to it. Thanks

2017-01-31, 21:25:03
Reply #4

sht

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 on this one from my side ;-)

2017-02-02, 14:24:20
Reply #5

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can I also add; a way to have material override only effect objects that dont have a material on them. Essentially a way to determine the material used for the default grey applied to material free objects.

2017-02-02, 15:37:13
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rhodesy, you can already do that by changing Default Object Color (project settings / ctrl+d), Corona conforms accordingly (meaning - it respects the Color set).

Hmmm, am not sure, but it might be possible to use cinema's own Material Override module with Corona engine?
For starters it would just need to be exposed when changing engines, for first iteration custom materials would suffice, after (if it goes well) Preservation could be adapted to conform with Coronas channels... just a naive thought

edit:
Oh... yes! it works already (also include/exclude), you can set it with standard/physical engine & then switch back to Corona ;)

for channels will investigate further
« Last Edit: 2017-02-02, 15:47:46 by burnin »

2020-11-26, 01:00:57
Reply #7

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
old thread, but I feel like this was forgotten?  Will it be possible to exclude certain materials from being overridden?

2020-11-26, 07:18:04
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Extra exclusions were added a few versions ago so you can tell it not to override glass, for example, and light materials. That was taken as covering 95% of what people want to use "avoid overriding this material" for.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-07-07, 21:05:49
Reply #9

ja_brzoza

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 from me. I'd love to see the possibility for mtl override exclusion option (preferably material based, like Vray). I'm just making concept visuals for the interior project and I would love to see it semi-overridden - all furniture white/clay and just floor/walls materials visible. To do so I have to remove all materials from the placed objects and leave them only on the floor - a lot of unnecessary work, would be  great to have a 'button' for it :)

cheers
Lukasz