Author Topic: IES lights path is absolute instead of relative  (Read 4404 times)

2016-11-17, 11:25:45

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Hello, thank you for RC2, works great!

I have a slight issue with IES light files, in Vray Im able to put IES file directly in 'tex' folder and c4d will read it no matter what (I tend to go back and forth from Mac-Win), in Corona though I need to re-add IES file every time I change the computer since files path is changing as well. Could it be fixed in a near future? I think we all could benefit from it.

2017-04-25, 13:36:13
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi, could you explain a little bit more about your setup?

So you have a scene and a "tex" folder next to the scene somewhere on a data drive (maybe a USB flash drive?) and you are editing this scene from both Win and Mac? And something doesn't happen automatically, when you place a IES file directly in the tex folder? What exactly should happen? What does it mean that C4D "reads the IES file no matter what"?

Thanks

2017-05-19, 08:50:08
Reply #2

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV
Sorry for a late reply! So basically, in C4D once you add first texture to any material in scene, c4d creates a 'tex' folder in the same location where the file istelf is stored, then that file looks for all the textures in that tex folder no matter what, and it is not showing any file paths in texture slot, just the name. On the other hand IES file is not recognized by name, but by full path instead and if I move my whole project with tex folder to desktop for example and open it, all textures are read fine, but IES file is missing, since there is no more IES in that particular path. In Vray it works the same way textures do work, if I move my project with tex folder, IES file is recognized no matter what, since C4D file is looking for it in TEX folder. Hope Im clear here. Thank you for your work guys!

2017-05-19, 10:38:34
Reply #3

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Sorry for a late reply! So basically, in C4D once you add first texture to any material in scene, c4d creates a 'tex' folder in the same location where the file istelf is stored, then that file looks for all the textures in that tex folder no matter what, and it is not showing any file paths in texture slot, just the name. On the other hand IES file is not recognized by name, but by full path instead and if I move my whole project with tex folder to desktop for example and open it, all textures are read fine, but IES file is missing, since there is no more IES in that particular path. In Vray it works the same way textures do work, if I move my project with tex folder, IES file is recognized no matter what, since C4D file is looking for it in TEX folder. Hope Im clear here. Thank you for your work guys!

Ah, alright. This is perfectly clear now :-) Thanks for the clarification! I will rename the topic a bit to reflect the problem better and move it to bug reports, since this looks more like a bug to me.

2017-05-19, 13:30:53
Reply #4

YURII

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YURII SUHOV

2018-01-31, 12:45:15
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska