Author Topic: Where is realtime color mapping  (Read 11311 times)

2016-04-07, 12:43:01

olcaykayihan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there any way to use realtime color mapping in this new version ?

2016-04-07, 13:16:58
Reply #1

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1

2016-04-07, 13:25:00
Reply #2

horpa

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-04-07, 13:45:09
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Works fine for me if you change the values in Corona VFB or in render settings. A bit inconvenient, but I think this is the way.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-04-07, 13:56:32
Reply #4

horpa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Works fine for me if you change the values in Corona VFB or in render settings. A bit inconvenient, but I think this is the way.

VFB works very slowly for me.

2016-04-07, 13:59:41
Reply #5

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
return back

2016-04-07, 15:41:50
Reply #6

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube

Yeap, not working also here. I really think it is a lot more convenient as it was before. I tend to like native picture viewer more ( im used to it), So making a window on my layout in c4d with the color mapping was much easier that way.
Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2016-04-08, 11:55:25
Reply #7

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Another way of changing colormapping is directly in render settings - that will also change preview in PW (sorry we didn't mention this in changelog). As of the old dialog, the reason we removed it was there was quite a lot of places to edit colormapping, but I agree that when using PW, changing it in render settings is not ideal.
We will discuss about the GUI and possibility of adding the dialog back (there will probably be A5.1)...

2016-04-08, 13:50:22
Reply #8

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We will discuss about the GUI and possibility of adding the dialog back (there will probably be A5.1)...
Thanks

2016-04-08, 16:06:59
Reply #9

thvo82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Slashcube
Another way of changing colormapping is directly in render settings - that will also change preview in PW (sorry we didn't mention this in changelog). As of the old dialog, the reason we removed it was there was quite a lot of places to edit colormapping, but I agree that when using PW, changing it in render settings is not ideal.

Well the thing is that at least in my case, nothing is changing the color mapping on the Picture viewer or the Corona frame Buffer.
Whatever i do, the refresh gives me no changes at all. I have to stop and rerender. So i thought that there is also something wrong there.

I think a lot of users are really used on the Picture viewers capabilities( multipass viewer etc)..so having it as a dialog box i think is the best scenario for those who customise a lot their layout workspace.

Thomas
Thomas Vournazos

www.slashcube.net
info@slashcube.net

2016-04-08, 17:18:09
Reply #10

sht

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it is really essential to have the option to interactively change the color mapping in combination with the picture viewer!

Would be great to have it back in the menu.

2016-04-08, 17:19:03
Reply #11

sht

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Well the thing is that at least in my case, nothing is changing the color mapping on the Picture viewer or the Corona frame Buffer.
Whatever i do, the refresh gives me no changes at all. I have to stop and rerender. So i thought that there is also something wrong there.

I think a lot of users are really used on the Picture viewers capabilities( multipass viewer etc)..so having it as a dialog box i think is the best scenario for those who customise a lot their layout workspace.

Thomas

+1

2016-04-15, 15:58:34
Reply #12

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We've re-added colormapping dialog in A5.1 (should be out today), we only moved command to open it directly into menu inside PV.
To those having problem with changing colormapping, dynamic colormapping works only when using global colormapping options, it won't change values inside active camera. If you want to change dynamic colormapping while you have active camera, you can check "Override camera colormapping" in render settings (you can do that also during rendering).

The reason for this behavior is that could be hard to determine where exactly should be colormapping modified when you change some value (e. g. when you change exposure, should it be stored in active camera? or should set colormapping override in render settings? etc).

2016-04-16, 11:02:12
Reply #13

iNevestenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we only moved command to open it directly into menu inside PV.
where? I can not find

2016-04-19, 15:52:02
Reply #14

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!