Author Topic: SlateConnector  (Read 7428 times)

2014-09-24, 16:04:55

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey people! How are you doing?!

Well, here's a little contribution for the Corona community (and a way to say "thanks" for Ondra taking me on the dailies ;) ). The script ISN'T finished by any means! Actually it has some flaws (which I'm trying to address as fast as my pre-school Maxscript skills allow me) but it's pretty useful as of now (version 0.2a) and can speed up the process of mass manipulating materials.

The idea was planted by Marcelo Souza (wooorld faaaaame :P) and made possible because much better scripters than me helped a lot along the way. Hope you guys find it useful on your daily work!

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/slate-connector

Cheers!

2015-01-06, 07:03:57
Reply #1

aTanguay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Neat!  Looks really handy.

Thanks Davius

2015-01-28, 22:08:28
Reply #2

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey People! Know what? Just updated Slate Connector! Now it's better on material selection and node instancing (also some bugs were squashed). Actually, since Corona changed some of its code getting ready to release, it's quite possible that version 0.2 will not work correctly, so I highly recommend downloading the new version (0.59) if you intend to keep using it.

Ah, and it's free, of course ;)
To download it just follow the youtube link, it's on the description! Cheers!

2015-02-08, 12:54:53
Reply #3

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Davius.

Very cool script.

Cheers!

2015-02-09, 09:18:36
Reply #4

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
well done, great support team behind you!

2015-02-19, 18:53:49
Reply #5

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@juang3d- Thanks!! Hope you find it useful!

@belly - Indeed!! Without them I'd be completely lost :D

2015-03-23, 21:38:32
Reply #6

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Thanks a ton! Your script saved a lot of my time already and not just once, - in my case it is most useable in cases when lots of some 3rd party program made models are involved (infraworks made scenes or lots of google warehouse models for instance), some old/vray/heavy scene conversions or even in case of some forestpack presets material tweaks.

Only one thing could make me happier (and I think not only me)) if there would be a possibility to automatically add controllers only to those of the selected materials whose options have some values for the selected parameter already (more than 0 for some or less than 1 for others).
 Typical usage scenario:
 For instance some forestpack preset materials (or any other even non preset ones after consolidation) can contain quite a few slot (often more than 20) multimaterial with all those twigs, leaves and branches, etc. in it.
 Some of those materials already contain let's say some translucency values which are set way too high (often around 0.5) by default and and are in need of some tweaking, while others (branches etc) do not contain any positive value at all.
 Selecting only those translucency containing leaves/branches materials manually can be quite tedious for that material can become quite stretched/long (sometimes it can be even as ridiculously enormous as this http://clip2net.com/s/3eKUk8i ) in slate editor and selecting something more precise can be quite hard even on large screens, yet selecting all of them at once and adding translucency or any other controller only to those materials which already contain some positive values for that same controller would be a breeze and of course reflection, refraction etc. could be a lot easier to tweak as well
 Of course if it is possible and not too hard to implement - I am happy even as it is and your wonderful script has became one of my most frequently used ones - thanks again!       

2015-03-25, 14:28:17
Reply #7

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey @antanas! Sorry for not taking a while to reply! I see where you wanna get and it makes sense! I'll see if I can do it in a streamlined and direct way. I like to keep things simple, but this feature would be a blessing in a material as the one you posted (crazy long multi sub!).

Can't promise without trying, but at first I think it's totally doable!

Thanks for the suggestion! And I'm very happy the script is useful for you :D

Cheers!

2015-03-25, 18:09:56
Reply #8

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hi, am I glad I thought of something useful this time ) and it surely would be no less than a blessing to have such a function to work with such materials like I posted. Now they are just driving me nuts and sadly they aren't a rare sight or at least so in my case - even right now I'm working on such goddamned "record-breaker" which has 154 multisubs believe it or not .