Author Topic: WIP feedback  (Read 3042 times)

2016-09-07, 19:08:32

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Hi Guys

Would love your input before I continue
There is no vegetation as such and not any artistic composition ,
Would just like your feedback on light and materials

Thanks

2016-09-08, 12:47:46
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hmm... It's a bit hard to give feedback at this stage and without any further intro about the project. What is your goal? What atmosphere would you like to present? Are you after a photographic, "artistic", or maybe cartoonish look?
Also, environment and surrounding objects affect lighting, so it might change a lot after you add them.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-13, 12:26:20
Reply #2

druwee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys

Would love your input before I continue
There is no vegetation as such and not any artistic composition ,
Would just like your feedback on light and materials

Thanks

:)  Hi there!

id agree with Maru. An image is far from its final form if all elements are there (or atleast some key elements such as foreground and background massing - trees, bench, building etc...) HOWEVER! We in the office begin at the lighting and shot stage as well. but there is ALWAYS a set of reference/mood images attached when we send to the 3D team.

So.. post some images of what you'd like to achieve with this image, not a direct translation but something to show intent, even an apple shot with warm light and Bokeh effects would give an idea of the vision in mind...

Furnish us with that and we can give some sort of feedback.

2016-09-13, 13:02:50
Reply #3

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply
This is a small rural school in South Africa.
As such the earthy tones.
Its a smallish project I am doing for free as such only one main angle for the display board in front.

At this stage I am still experimenting with the colour and texture setup and as such I am open for suggestions
( maybe make the front columns blue or use concrete instead of brick )

I have attached an example I searched for in Google Images

2016-09-23, 09:42:25
Reply #4

daniel-fleming

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think overall your lighting and quality of your textures looks great.  I agree with Maru and Druwee that it is hard to fully give critiques without knowing what kind of image and emotional reaction you are trying to create, if any. 

I do think that the metal material on the trellis thing that is coming down into the columns, needs slight tweaking.  It looks like you are using rounded edges to blend between two materials, which looks great in some areas but maybe too consistent. perhaps adding a large scale noise map in the blend mask would help vary it further.

look forward to seeing the progress!