Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Ctrl+Z (Undo) Crashing Max

(1/2) > >>

dj_buckley:
Has anyone experienced Ctrl+Z or Undo in general consistenly crashing their scenes?  I'm in Max 2024 and Corona 11 - pretty sure it's a Max issue though.

But I'll start a new scene and everything works fine for a while.  Then (randomly) Ctrl+Z will crash Max, and from this point, any instance of Ctrl+Z in that scene results in a crash.  The rest of the scene works fine but once I've had that initial crash - Ctrl+Z becomes a no go zone.  It's driving me insane.

maru:
You can capture a minidump from the crash and send it to us. We may be able to tell you what the culprit is (it could be Corona, 3ds Max, 3rd party plugin, or something else).
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409-How-to-report-issues-3ds-Max

Aram Avetisyan:

--- Quote from: dj_buckley on 2024-03-27, 12:44:49 ---Has anyone experienced Ctrl+Z or Undo in general consistenly crashing their scenes?  I'm in Max 2024 and Corona 11 - pretty sure it's a Max issue though.

But I'll start a new scene and everything works fine for a while.  Then (randomly) Ctrl+Z will crash Max, and from this point, any instance of Ctrl+Z in that scene results in a crash.  The rest of the scene works fine but once I've had that initial crash - Ctrl+Z becomes a no go zone.  It's driving me insane.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

This seems to be the known behavior of the malware found in the scene.
Press H and check if there are any objects (they are usually empty) with strange names (the ones I am aware of were Chinese).
If you found any, deleting them will not work - you will need you download and install [urlhttps://apps.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/en/Detail/Index?id=7342616782204846316&appLang=en&os=Win64]Scene Security tools[/url], then reopen the scene.
It will automatically detect the malware and delete it. Afterwards, you can locate and delete the objects with strange names.

dj_buckley:
Hi Aram

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that script a default part of the Max install these days?

Aram Avetisyan:
Not quite, as it is a separate plugin which also received updates. I am not sure how the installation was done on your side though.

Just search in Add or Remove programs (installed apps on windows 11) for 3ds Max Scene Security tools.
If it appears, you have them, if it doesn't, you don't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version