Author Topic: 3dplants  (Read 2207 times)

2022-10-07, 09:15:40

PBRcraft

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello here are some plants made for a textures.com library. I chose Corona render for presentation because in my opinion it has the most convincing translucency shader.

Soft: 3dsmax, Blender, Photoshop, Corona render 8 + atlases from textures.com

2022-10-07, 12:04:21
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Beautiful !!

I wondered about these when I saw them, but they need "Pro" account (outside of 500 credits, I am on 1000 monthly only) and they only feature OBJ + Textures.
I wonder why didn't they include the Corona setups? That would change it to a lot more attractive proposition. Poliigon features such setup.

I find it very odd..

But your work on them + renders is fantastic !

Do you also plan to make something bigger if this is sucessful? There lot of these small plants already, but almost no one makes beautiful 1-2 meter big interior plants.

it has the most convincing translucency shader.

Funny you say that, I still think it's very fake looking translucency model compared to real-life behavior, esp. in diffuse setting, but it is indeed 1000 times better than Vray though I've never tried F-Storm or Unreal version, both which don't need two maps (or one map and one unit).
« Last Edit: 2022-10-07, 12:08:45 by Juraj »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2022-10-07, 12:18:44
Reply #2

PBRcraft

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj !

They all actually have 3dsmax+corona setup, it is included inside the .fbx.
You can dowlnoad a free fern model to test it.

https://www.textures.com/download/3DFoliage0032/143200

We also plan to make bigger interior plants in the future.

2022-10-07, 12:58:34
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks Juraj !

Wait.. that kind of thing is possible :- ) ? I had no idea.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2022-10-12, 17:18:41
Reply #4

Manuva

• Users
    • View Profile
those plants look really good, outstanding. The first image, I was wondering, what lighting set up is this? looks so real

2022-10-15, 18:44:52
Reply #5

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab

The plants are insane, would love to test them but If I import the FBX its without textures
May I kindly ask what you mean by an almost direct Max Corona import "out of the box" ?

Its been made in Max why dont they just offer that file format as well : )

Kind regards
Chris

2022-10-17, 13:04:34
Reply #6

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj !

You can dowlnoad a free fern model to test it.

https://www.textures.com/download/3DFoliage0032/143200

We also plan to make bigger interior plants in the future.

But the setup is completely wrong. At least the translucency in leaf shader.
Mind boggling. Why prepare a product with amazing shaders and hype it in social media and then offer it with simply maps plugged in corresponding material slots, and not complete 3d model with proper shaders ?
Especially since it requires the highest subscription tier and costs 500 credits ?

Disappointed to be honest.

2022-10-17, 14:15:24
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I found the setup to be pretty straightforward (only tried demo plant, since i don't have subscription). There was couple small issues, one with aforementioned translucency setup (the fix as simple as turning off SSS and turning on translucency, all the maps were already plugged where they have to be) and another with normal map handedness (supplied maps are right handed, but setup is left handed, the fix is one click in Corona normal map node). Other than that everything works great and renders nice.

By the way, the renders in the first post are stunning!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-10-17, 16:00:59
Reply #8

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found the setup to be pretty straightforward (only tried demo plant, since i don't have subscription). There was couple small issues, one with aforementioned translucency setup (the fix as simple as turning off SSS and turning on translucency, all the maps were already plugged where they have to be) and another with normal map handedness (supplied maps are right handed, but setup is left handed, the fix is one click in Corona normal map node). Other than that everything works great and renders nice.

By the way, the renders in the first post are stunning!

Will check again. Thanks Romullus. Yea am a BIG fan of those plants, thay do indeed look amazing was waiting for them since the first grass teaser :)

2022-10-18, 16:37:50
Reply #9

Danthree Studio

• Users
    • View Profile
Great! Thanks so much for this great 3D content!
« Last Edit: 2022-10-19, 08:55:39 by maru »

2022-10-20, 01:00:27
Reply #10

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey mate - i see your comment about the 3ds max and corona setup within the FBX file?  How is this so?   When i imported the FBX it was just empyt textures (physical material) ???  am i doing something wrong?
not sure why there wouldnt be a max file?