Author Topic: Trying to render the mesh back on an Aeron Chair  (Read 1910 times)

2020-08-03, 09:04:12

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am trying to render an Aeron type office chair, with the mesh material on the back.  I cannot see the mesh/fretted material in the render, the area looks empty, even though I see there is a mesh bitmap (png file?) applied as a material .  If I disable the "alpha channel" it becomes a solid that looks like a mesh but is not transparent.   I am not knowledgeable about Cinema, just using it to import SketchUp models and make the connection with Corona Render.  But it's going well, until I try to render this mesh/fretted material on this chair.  I don't remember a problem with rendering a material like this in Vray for SketchUp or Maxwell for Sketchup, don't remember having to do anything special to deal with it.  But am stuck here with Corona for Cinema4D.

Thank you.   I have attached jpegs below.

2020-08-03, 09:19:21
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The screenshot is of a c4d native material, not a Corona one FYI.
Have you tried converting materials in the scene (option under the corona menu)

2020-08-03, 09:33:15
Reply #2

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for letting me know about that option.  Wow I pushed that convert button, but then the material looked transparent.  I noticed "opacity" was checked and UNchecked it for some reason, and that worked.  See the new jpeg below with the back mesh showing.  I'll adjust the size of the mesh..  Thank you!

2020-08-03, 09:36:21
Reply #3

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the jpeg. Thanks again.  That was quick.

2020-08-03, 09:40:54
Reply #4

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here the size is adjusted.  It looks great.  thx

2020-08-03, 09:56:07
Reply #5

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
By the way, I would have been nowhere without pushing convert as you said.  The opacity option check mark came up as part of that.