Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Jagged reflection in chrom

(1/2) > >>

Fibonacci:
Hi,

any idea how can I handle the jagged ref in this render ?

I tried to fix it in material editor without abotively.
Maybe I have to change something in the render setup ?

Thx

romullus:
It is hapening because of huge contrast between highlight and surrounding pixels. You can easily check that by right clicking on your render in vfb.
There is few things you can try to fight it. First, you can lower reflectivity of your chrome material, 0.5-0.6 should be enough.
Give more passes to AA by lowering PT and/or light samples. You can even try to increase size of your light source.

Fibonacci:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2014-02-23, 10:47:14 ---It is hapening because of huge contrast between highlight and surrounding pixels. You can easily check that by right clicking on your render in vfb.
There is few things you can try to fight it. First, you can lower reflectivity of your chrome material, 0.5-0.6 should be enough.
Give more passes to AA by lowering PT and/or light samples. You can even try to increase size of your light source.

--- End quote ---

Thank you romullus, appreciate!

I'll try it your suggestion. I tried to do with lower reflectivity ( keep the chrome ofcourse), but nothing changed and I used a map in the reflection and ref.glossines slot. I would like to keep in it, because I try to get  "dirty" chrome material. Something advanced...
In the refl.glossines the map is only 0,05, maybe the reflection level should be too high with 0,9...

The AA is not really clear for me...sorry...

Thanks anyway !  :)

Ludvik Koutny:
There are two ways...

First, the realistic one. If you take the picture with camera, you will get exactly same result, except that camera captures also secondary lens effects. In this case, it would be a small but strong glare. So just put some small but strong glow on it in PS, and it will look natural.

Second way, less realistic, is to increase highlight compression until the contrast goes away ;)

Fibonacci:
Well,

I'd changed the lights and the reflection's setup, and the render setup gone to lower.

In the result still jagged...after 30 minutes...and the chrome turned to metal... :)
I used a bit coloring in the reflection's color, and if you watching on the foot the reflections ( reflections of reflection) good. There has a big contrast too, but colored a bit. That was my aim...opposite this on the sharp edge...jagged... Maybe begat the Turbosmooth ?

Ofcourse in the PS this is not a big problem, just I want to get a near render result to the realistic final, and I'd like to really learning everything in the Corona.
This is the reason why I try and try and try...and goin' to be addicted!  :D

But...this AA option...maybe I must to clean my glasses, but I don't see just in the VFB settings. How it's working in the A5? And what is that AA ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version