Author Topic: Corona lights turning modeling mode all white/black  (Read 4541 times)

2020-03-06, 06:42:48

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I am in Cinema4D modeling mode, the Corona lights I have placed (horizontally) turn that scene all white and black, so I can’t see what I’m doing.  Is there a way to get rid of all of that black and white indication so I can see the parts of the model?  I turned all of the lights off individually once, except for the sky I think, and then it looked normally colored and I could distinguish between parts of the model while editing.  Is there a way to do that quickly or another mode I should choose??  I have attached screen shots below.  Thank you.

2020-03-06, 07:51:01
Reply #1

HVB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
inside your corona light turn off visible in editor.
I think you can even save it as default but not totally sure.

2020-03-06, 20:30:28
Reply #2

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be a long task to turn each of 30 lights off and on each time I model and then do a quick rendering.  The black area or white area of the Corona light takes over the the scene and ends up I can't distinguish between parts of the model.  This doesn't happen with the Cinema4D lights, which act normally and don't blow out the scene with black or white while in modeling mode. 
« Last Edit: 2020-03-06, 20:42:49 by franm »

2020-03-06, 21:08:21
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be a long task to turn each of 30 lights off and on each time I model and then do a quick rendering.

fwiw, it's a pretty quick thing when you use a selection object. No direct solution to your problem, just a convenience thing.

2020-03-06, 21:13:44
Reply #4

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That sounds like a good idea.  I"ll have to learn that.   Thanks.

2020-03-06, 21:38:41
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's pretty simple. Select all of your lights and create a Selection object (top of the selection menu). Now all lights are listed there. "Restore selection" and you can change all properties of the multi-selected lights in the attributes manager, no matter how deeply hidden the lights may be in the hierarchy.

HTH
Michael

2020-03-06, 23:02:37
Reply #6

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can I turn all of the lights off at one time with that selection object??  (I have limited knowledge of Cinema4D, using it to import SketchUp models and render in Corona).  Thanks!

2020-03-07, 00:18:55
Reply #7

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can I turn all of the lights off at one time with that selection object??  (I have limited knowledge of Cinema4D, using it to import SketchUp models and render in Corona).  Thanks!

Select your Selection object
Restore selection
Switch to the Basic tab
Uncheck "Enable"

Do the same to switch them all on again.

CU
Michael

2020-03-07, 01:07:37
Reply #8

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tried that on a tiny project and it worked!  Now I'm going to set my larger project up like that.  Thank you so much.  I didn't see how I could progress with not being able to see things.  Now the environment looks normal.  Works like a charm.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07, 01:16:06 by franm »

2020-03-07, 05:04:45
Reply #9

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am glad I could help! And I feel kinda bad that I did not mention switching from Gourad Shading to Quick Shading would have a similar effect - in case you did not know.

Cheers

2020-03-11, 18:43:04
Reply #10

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@franm One question, does your scene render blown out or as expected? One thing I've noticed is when setting up a scene, sometimes I forget to add a Corona Camera, which will handle Corona Lights better after you adjust a few settings. Not sure this applies here, but it just might.

2020-03-11, 21:28:11
Reply #11

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The scene renders as expected.  I inherited the camera with the SketchUp scene I imported.  Don't know if that makes it a Corona camera.  I wanted to inherit the exact same view from SketchUp, not to mention have almost no experience in setting up cameras in Cinema/Corona yet.  But disabling the lights with the selection object, as suggested above, along with disabling the sun, seems to get rid of the black and white while in modeling mode, so I can see what I'm doing.

2020-03-12, 16:40:29
Reply #12

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK then, I recommend using the Quick Shading option with Lines and turn off textures. You will get a nice clay view and be able to see your polygons. You could also try turning your window into an Interactive Viewport. You will be able to directly manipulate your object, while Corona is refreshing (rendering) your view as you go.