Author Topic: Projector shader  (Read 4309 times)

2019-09-10, 22:10:47

fedestampini

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here i am writing again on this bug with more easy example. I cant stop to point this problem because its very important in my material workflow having the possibility to tile different images inside a material.

1) bitmap as a layer mask, everything work fine.
2) as long as the layer stays as layer the projector shader works fine.
3) if by any reason, the layer appears in the projector as a corona shared shader, this no longer works.
4) same story as image 3, if it has to deal with any corona shred shader, no longer works.
5) material has been rebuild from scrats and it works just fine.
6) projector is used to map both the layer mask and the bump and no longer works.

Projector shader is a real truble because forces to completelly rebuild a shader, and in case of complex material is a real pain.

As a personal note i think the projector shader of c4d should be introduced inside the corona bitmap directly, like in 3dsmax or in vray, where you are not forced to choose a projection for each bitmap you want to tile. So it will allow the same material to be used for multiple object with different UVW coordinates and different projection methods.

2019-09-11, 16:47:07
Reply #1

fedestampini

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no one has this problem? seem like i am the only one tiling bitmap...

2019-09-12, 23:21:15
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
TL;DR
provide a test scene and maybe some will get interested to test on their side
I know I'm not going to waste time trying and reproducing your issue, finding out I missed a spot :p

2019-09-13, 19:26:26
Reply #3

fedestampini

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here is the project file, just open the node material editor and turn on and off the 4 example, everything is written in the text file.

2019-09-17, 15:18:38
Reply #4

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I think this issue is solely because of the shared shader. It's been reported in the past that it can be problematic when shared with other materials. Until it is resolved, the workaround would be to avoid using the shared shader. But of course, your scene will be looked at.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2019-09-17, 17:58:49
Reply #5

fedestampini

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think this issue is solely because of the shared shader. It's been reported in the past that it can be problematic when shared with other materials. Until it is resolved, the workaround would be to avoid using the shared shader. But of course, your scene will be looked at.
the shared shader is NOT used across multiple material, is used in the same material to ïnstance"the same bitmap. it works great except when it has to work with the Projector shader.